Help with New HDMI Receiver Choices

rockhound

W.C. you have a top shelf setup there, amigo (you deserve bragging rights)...........about as good as it gets!! All horns are the way to go for sure, as the ultimate.

I am now in a condo, after divorce, but back in my old house, I had a similar setup with twin VMPS sub woofers, which were destroyed by my daughter's cat.

Working on a single "coffee table" sub that is a tapped horn and took out my "cheap Scalas" (Peavey SP1's) and replaced them with Heresy's. This is definitely a huge compromise in comparison to what I had.

BUT, I still have the big MWMs horn "Stack" for R and L, so for music, I have NOT yet compromised.

Well I've had the unit hooked up for about a week. It does not have the same sound quality that my Nakamichi TA-2A had. The bass is completely gone no nice ambience either. Its a nice unit but I miss the sound that my old receiver produced, I guess thats the price you pay for a all in one receiver..

Sounds like a setup issue to me, like the speakers are set to small but there's no sub.

Claude,

The reason that I can indulge in the "Top Shelf Stuff" is that I got rid of MY manic depressive wife 22 years ago and it was the fourth one....I've never looked back....! I actually have a Doctorate in Women......!

We (me and the dogs) have a set of Four Way MCM's in our shop, which is a bit over 5K sq/ft and they also sound great. I am fortunate that I can Play and the dogs really don't mind what I spend on speakers and other hobbies.....It is a true shame that I could not find a woman that had thet unconditional love......Go ahead....Call me selfish.....! I figure, after trying four times, that I wasn't cut out to be married, and at my age, its MY turn anyway. I was fortunate to raise a daughter and she turned out very well, even with my habits/hobbies.....!

W. C. [:D]