Just pulled the trigger on the new RC64II : )

TheFactor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks fantastic. Where did you get the center stand? I may have to score one for myself. Any chance of the cat tipping it over?

Thanks !!! The Stand is pretty solid I assembled it with carpenters glue so its pretty sturdy its rated at I think 50 pounds but they normaly under rate them . I had a 70 plus pound center on it before my 64II so again its pretty solid my cat did jump on it once and I about had a heart attack but it held up.If you have kids you might want think about getting it or not but again it does a pretty good job I've even bumped into it a few times and it was fine . Make sure you look at the height you want they have different sizes . Heres the link http://www.racksandstands.com/Wood-Technology-CC-18-WT0256.html

Looking good! Your soundstage is finally complete. Now you can sit back and enjoy your hard work! Is the speaker angled because the stand is adjustable or did you use the 64 II's angle adjustment? Let us know what you decide to use for your crossover....and that blu ray is a great disc to test with. That and War of the Worlds blu ray! Man what a setup. You need to put a PS3 on that TV and pop in Call of Duty! lol.

THANKS MAN !!! Im really enjoying my current setup I havent had alot of time to dial in my crossover but I calibrated everything and it sounded great Watching TS last night . Im leaning towards speakers set at small and 80hz and 50 hz on the crossovers sounds good. 80hz seems to be a great happy medium. But I want to try a few more movies, also ext stereo sound very good if im moving around the room but when im on the couch pure direct 2 ch is for me unless its a bluray concert [;)] . Im off this weekend so im going to do some more testing and relaxing : ) Its been a busy week so im looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the new toys. Thanks again for the kind words !

No Problem! But I have another quick question. How does the Pure Direct mode work? Because I have a Direct mode on my receiver but whenever I switch to it I lose all bass and my speakers all sound tiny. A lot of people seem to like direct mode but do I have to have hig speakers to enjoy it? Do your subs operate in Direct mode?

Direct and Pure Direct usually turn off all crossover settings, bass management, etc. It outputs the least processed signal that your receiver can. If you're listening to a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 source your sub will still work but if you're listening to a 2.0 signal such as CD audio your subwoofer won't be fed any bass since there isn't a discrete bass channel in a 2.0 signal.

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are you doing for your rears

Thanks Vic !! Im running some def tech 450's there working out great but eventualy i'll be getting some RS62II's and or RS52II's and for subs im running a SVS pb13 Ultra and SVS pb12.5 Plus .Thats pretty much my speaker and sub setup .

No Problem! But I have another quick question. How does the Pure Direct mode work? Because I have a Direct mode on my receiver but whenever I switch to it I lose all bass and my speakers all sound tiny. A lot of people seem to like direct mode but do I have to have hig speakers to enjoy it? Do your subs operate in Direct mode?

Pretty much what Wuzzzer said and I know with my Pio Elite 94 avr when its on direct my subs are still working and when im on pure direct no subs all speakers . I only use that when im listening to cds or the Radio and I really like that pure direct . Oh and I forgot you had asked and it slipped my mind but the angle of my center is made by the stand im not using the klipsch ones its not necessary for my application its pointed perfectly at the wright angle .

Direct and Pure Direct usually turn off all crossover settings, bass management, etc. It outputs the least processed signal that your receiver can. If you're listening to a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 source your sub will still work but if you're listening to a 2.0 signal such as CD audio your subwoofer won't be fed any bass since there isn't a discrete bass channel in a 2.0 signal.

Thanks Wuzzer. I just realized the common sense in your words. I believe everytime I've tried Direct mode I've been listening to XM or Stereo sound on TV. I tried Direct mode with a Dolby Digital signal and my sub was working. Of course since there is no added processing etc it was very low compared to my "regular" Dolby mode but it was working. My rears were lower too. I feel stupid for not thinking about the fact that 2 channel stereo doesn't have a .1 track. (so used to the "receiver processed" stereo mode which adds the sub channel. I can't wait to try a Blu Ray in Direct mode!

Pretty much what Wuzzzer said and I know with my Pio Elite 94 avr when its on direct my subs are still working and when im on pure direct no subs all speakers . I only use that when im listening to cds or the Radio and I really like that pure direct . Oh and I forgot you had asked and it slipped my mind but the angle of my center is made by the stand im not using the klipsch ones its not necessary for my application its pointed perfectly at the wright angle .

Oh ok thanks! I"ll have to try Direct mode with a cd and see how I like it. And no problem in the stand. I was wondering because I hadn't seen any center stands that allowed you to adjust the speaker angle and I didn't think I saw anything under the speaker so I was curious. Thats pretty cool. Even if you have a center that doesn't come with adjustable feet you can still angle it just right. Thats great! And as far as the crossover I understand. It def depends on your system. My parents system sounded better at 60hz but with the 7s I can understand the happy medium at 80hz bc with those 10" woofers it may add too much to the bottom end not to mention you have 2 amazing subs. Their system benefited from the bottom end help from the mains bc of only one Reference Sub. Either way though it sounds amazing and yours does too I'm sure. I'm still anxiously awaiting that Blu Ray! That may be the first one I try in Direct mode, lol.

Yes at times 50hz sounds a little thick or rich in the LFE area but only sometimes and also im use to listening to speakers set at small for years and these speakers are a different animal. On ext stereo with all speakers on I like 50hz it blends well with my subs but like I said the best for me is 2 ch pure direct for cds and for movies im leaning towards 80hz but its still close I really have to get some more movies under my belt but it sure is a joy testing it out and im very impressed that it sounds so good on both crossover settings and thats whats making it difficult its like splitting hairs lol . But yes My center speaker stand has a angle built in so theres no adjustment but like I said it seems to be the wright angle , For sure when you get that bd try both pure direct and standard dolby digital HD either way your going to love it !!

I can't wait to try a Blu Ray in Direct mode!

Actually you probably won't like it very much, especially if its an action movie. There's usually substantially less bass in Direct mode due to the minimal amount of signal processing done by the receiver. Its probably better suited for music discs than movies but even then you won't get the impact from the bass drums and other instruments that produce low frequency sounds.

Actually you probably won't like it very much, especially if its an action movie. There's usually substantially less bass in Direct mode due to the minimal amount of signal processing done by the receiver. Its probably better suited for music discs than movies but even then you won't get the impact from the bass drums and other instruments that produce low frequency sounds.

It actually is a music BD he referring to, Return To Forever with Chik Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White and Al Di Meola a Jazz concert live at Montremex 2008

Lol, I'll probably just try a concery Blu Ray when it arrives in the mail. I know my subs and rears both seemed a lot softer when I tried Direct mode with Dolby Digital content. The fronts sounded about the same. I see what you're saying about the music too though. Just experimenting. I feel like a kid in a candy score again because I've heard great things about Direct mode but whenever I tried it, it sounded like crap. I'm glad you guys clarified things for me because now I'm actually paying attention to the sound encoding of the source now. LOL

It actually is a music BD he referring to, Return To Forever with Chik Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White and Al Di Meola a Jazz concert live at Montremex 2008

You are correct! Still haven't arrived yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Hopefully it will show up soon im looking forward to your thoughts but I know you'll enjoy it . I just picked up 3 movies yesterday , How to Train your Dragon, Predators and Toy Story 3 got a great deal and couldnt pass it up all 3 blurays for 44 dollars. I'll be testing a movie or so out today I hope and next week my XPA-2 arrives to keep my XPA-3 company and power my 7's so now my pioneer elite 94 avr will only have to do the processing should be a nice combo [:D]