WILL KSP-S6 MAKE GOOD FRONT HIGHT SPEAKERS

littlebug

NEW TO THE FORMS TIM FROM MI.

WILL MY KSP-S6 MAKE GOOD FRONT HIGHT SPEAKERS ??

IM SETTING UP A 7.2 SETUP ROOM SIZE IS 13 FT. X 20 FT.

I HAVE

MAIN FRONT QUARTET WITH BOB CRITES UP DATES CROSSOVERS & TITANIUM TWEETER DIAPHRAGMS

CENTER KV-3

I HAVE KSP-S6 I WAS USEING THEM AS SUR. SPEAKERS IN A 5.1 SETUP

SUR. SS-1

SUR. KSP-S6

REAR BACK KG-2.5

SUB KSW-150

Welcome to the forum littlebug. I am not familiar with the Yamaha "front height speakers" but I wouldn't think a speaker that diffuses the sound up front wouldn't be a good idea...That being said "Audyssey based AVRs recommend a direct firing speaker that matches your mains for their Height/wide speaker format.

I own a Yamaha receiver (RXV2905) but currently not using the front High speakers, I use my KSP-S6 for rears

I did have some small Polks for the Highs but removed them since moving my set up to another area

All I can say is give them a try, what can it hurt

the wide dispersion of the KSP-S6 probably would be good for the front Highs in stead of a regular speaker

Tim - if you decide the KSP-S6 isn't producing the sound for rears or fronts (height) - and want to sell them to purchase a direct speaker - I would be interested in buying them if they are black. I would certainly try a pair of height speakers before you spend a ton of money on a set - if the KSP-S6 doesn't produce the sound you are looking for. I've had a couple of Yamaha receivers and tried the front height speakers - but strongly preferred 5.1 or 7.1 without the DSP mode for height.

Best of luck!

• 4 months later...