La Scala upgrades, owners help me choose.

Mrtie

Kevin,

It was great to have a fellow audiophile over to listen with.

When you get done with all your mods, bring the finished product to Bay City. We can set them up in my back yard along with my Jubes and do some A/B testing. Perhaps if we share the great sound with the neighbors and maybe gain a few converts to the Klipsch "religion". [;)]

Keep us informed of your progress.

Bob

Well after looking pretty hard at my options, I have went ahead and bought a pair of A/4500hz X-over's and the ct-125's from bob crites. I'm also talking to a friend with more wood working experience then me about starting my bass bin project this weekend, if anyone has specific demensions for that please let me know as far as my under standing of the project goes the ins and the outs are a box the same W/D of the la scala, 10" tall, with a cut in the top the shape of the dogbox, and 2 4"diameter 7.25" long ports of pvc piping, is that about it? Any need for dampening material/fiberfill etc? Then something nice and sticky from the plumnbing department of home depot to give it an air tight seal. Am I on the right track?

I'm considering the 510 or 402 mod to my la scala's too.

After realizing how much space the 402's take up, I will not have enough room to place the 402's in landscape but only in portrait. That's not how they were designed.

I wonder if a 402 sideways in my smaller (maybe 14ft wide X 16ft) room would work well or if 510's in thier normal landscape configuration would be a better option for me. I think I can see into the throat of the current k55m of my la scalas from all of the seating positions (I have them pointed at the center).

I'm thinking of doing the caps too (mine are 1983's I think), but think I should just wait (and save $$) to do the big updrade to the 402 or 510's.

I love my current sound, but as like the rest of you, could always enjoy even better sound.

I'm also debating putting a couple of la scalas that I just picked up as rears to to keep my heresies for rear duties.

The heresies as rears really brought the sound together in movies with active rears such as the iron man 1 flying seen with the fighter jets. Much much better than with the non-heritage speakers I was using. I'm wondering if changing them out to la scalas will give even better movie immersion? I'd have to move my theater seats forward a foot or two, but it might be worth it.

Oh, I currently have 3 la scalas up front with the center la scala on its side.