need a tech near mpls/st.paul

juniper8

Well I found my "tech" as in LOW TECH! Found him on the internet, 25 years expierence, jack of trades type. Works on computers, Flat screens, home theatres, audio, BOAT MOTORS, willing to travel. RED FLAG 1 gave him directions 4 times. I am concerned. RED FLAG 2 he's 3 hours late. somethings not right here. RED FLAG 3 he needs a driver, it turns out to be his Dad, and he shows up in a torn harley shirt, and he is unwashed (this should be more than 1 red flag) Now I am scared. RED FLAG 5.Walks in my house and says" I have never seen speakers like this". Now I know he has to go. RED FLAG 6 pointing to the woofer, he says "this must be the subwoofer" I dont own a subwoofer! RED FLAG 7 "these things must handle a 1000 watts" I politely say " no, actually only about 65 " He then says" that is impossible" I Thank him for his time, and give him 50.00 for his effort, and on the way out the door he says "I haveTechnics rack system that has 350 watts", I havent decided if this is a RED FLAG or NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao! Well you did the right thing. You were nice with the $50 thing but yeah I wouldn't trust him either.....and its not even the looks or any of that other stuff. You should try to look professional but as long as you do outstanding work I don't care.....but the deal breaker was 1. pointing and saying that must be the sub. 2. I've never seen speakers like these. 3. The fact that he can't believe your speakers only handled around 65 watts. I thought all speaker techs knew about sensitivity! LOL. Good luck on your search though.

Lmao! Well you did the right thing. You were nice with the $50 thing but yeah I wouldn't trust him either.....and its not even the looks or any of that other stuff. You should try to look professional but as long as you do outstanding work I don't care.....but the deal breaker was 1. pointing and saying that must be the sub. 2. I've never seen speakers like these. 3. The fact that he can't believe your speakers only handled around 65 watts. I thought all speaker techs knew about sensitivity! LOL. Good luck on your search though.

Thanks for the well wishing! The only thing that was missing from this experience was PLUMBERS CRACK