UMC + gaming :(

InVeNtOr

i was wondering if anyone here has a umc and a playstation that isn't happy with the sound? for some reason it won't play the dolby sound. i can only play it in "All Stereo" or "Stereo." to me that sucks, i remember having my Onkyo 805 and playing my games and it was awesome. i have (2) ps3 games right now, both do the same thing. a friend let me borrow COD and it too had the same issues. called Emotiva about it, all i got was, the processor doesn't know how to read what the ps3 is sending. it's weird, i get the display of "PCM Multichannel" "L R C RS LS RBS LBS + LFE) but i can only choose from the stereo options.

it's not enough for me to sell it and start over, just not all that happy it can't do it. i also don't like how the audio cuts out and takes a bit to load.

If your UMC is receiving a multi-channel PCM signal and you have the UMC set to All Stereo it will output up to 7.1 discrete channels with Bass Management and all your crossover/distance settings. Its different than other receivers' All Channel Stereo settings. It was Emotiva's way to allow the features I mentioned, otherwise the original firmware versions forced you to use Direct mode with multi-channel PCM which eliminated Bass Management and other settings.

Most games on a PS3 are in multi-channel PCM. Every once in a while one will output Dolby Digital but not usually.