No more cable...how to watch live sports via internet?

runninshine

I have had enough of rising cable bills and I am not going to get a dish, so we hooked up the MBP to the tv and have been streaming a few shows/movies through netflix, so now I just need to figure out how to watch live sports.

I have been checking out some of the various sites and some of them you pay a one time download fee and that will give you access to some 3500+ channels including live sports. Have any of you had any luck or experience with this?

Any recommendations?

• Moderators

Do you have a PS3? If so, I was in the Playstation Store a few days ago and I downloaded a program called Hulu Plus. Basically allows you to watch recorded TV Shows for $7.99 a month. It had a few sample shows to preview and seemed pretty cool. I believe I saw a program that was for sports when I downloaded Hulu. If you have a PS3 and can't find it, let me know and I'll look and see where I downloaded it from.

I have had enough of rising cable bills and I am not going to get a dish, so we hooked up the MBP to the tv and have been streaming a few shows/movies through netflix, so now I just need to figure out how to watch live sports.

I have been checking out some of the various sites and some of them you pay a one time download fee and that will give you access to some 3500+ channels including live sports. Have any of you had any luck or experience with this?

Any recommendations?

Runnin,

We have made the transition from cable to air TV.

It kinda sucked at first; but "Ion" has many reruns I had not seen yet; (Criminal Minds, Lost W/O a Trace, How I Met Your Mother)....

Live sports I want to see are football (Bears), and Basketball (Bulls).

Many of these are broadcast on regular TV. (Bears 100%, Bulls 60%).....

The rest is something you can find after; but not live.

The Balance is filled with BitTorrent; Borrowed items and an occasional purchase......

Netflix is awesome($7.99/month); and that plus Hulu Desktop (100% free) and Windows Media Center channels (Also 100% free)... We are good.

Hopefully this helps a bit my Friend......

Thanks for the replys guys.We've been rocking netflix and doing some streaming through the PS3 and have also looked at the hulu plus and so far there are tons of things to watch. Live sports I think are going to be an issue.....oh well, I will keep trying I just thought more forum members might know more about this subject then me.