Building la scalas, which crossover from Crites?

Binkstir

I bought a pair of la scala midrange horns off of ebay. I do woodworking and the cabinets won't be a problem. I've been looking at the other components on Bob Crite's site and I'm trying to decide if I need to spend the extra cash on the AA as opposed to the A.

Should I buy new tweeters from Crites or find some used ones on ebay?

Thanks

lee

Since you are starting from scratch might I recommend you first buy the tweeters from Bob, then sell the K400/401 squawker horns and get a set of Fastrac's from GotHover, then get a set of Al's Universal networks. When you build your cabinet make sure you brace the bass bin.

I am using the Crites A network in my La Scalas and am very happy. I feel no need for the AA since I am not using a high power SS amp, and don't crank them up too much either. I have the A/4500 in my K-horns and love it, but it requires non stock tweeters (I am using the Crites CT-125). I really like Bob Crites' products. Excellent quality and reasonable prices, and he is happy to answer questions.

I bought a pair of la scala midrange horns off of ebay. I do woodworking and the cabinets won't be a problem. I've been looking at the other components on Bob Crite's site and I'm trying to decide if I need to spend the extra cash on the AA as opposed to the A.

Should I buy new tweeters from Crites or find some used ones on ebay?

Thanks

lee

I would get ALK Universal or the ALK Jr it is one of the best upgrades I did on both my La scalas and Bobs tweeter also .