Should I recap my forte ii's?

pHEnomIC69

I have a set of forte II's that I just restored. They had the most beat up boxes i have ever seen on speakers, but I got them looking mint and I painted them black. I got new emblems for them, also installed some titanium diaphragms for the tweeters because one was blown.

I can recap them myself/rebuild the crossover. I am just wondering how much of an effect it will have to use good stuff (from crites or equivalent).

I am assuming the speakers had a bit of abuse as their housings were destroyed and a tweeter was blown. Not sure exactly how old they are.

I think you will see improvement by recapping. I didn't get the year of the forte II's but I think almost all of them are old enough to benifit from a recap. I replaced the crossovers in mine which I bought new in 89. I replaced them 3 years ago and notice a difference and mine had been pampered their whole life. Since you can do it yourself the cost isn't that great. Considering the work you put into refinishing them I think you would want the best sound possible. You don't have to do it right away though. Heck listen to them a while and enjoy them. Even with weak caps they are good sounding speakers.