EBAY SELLER WARNING * Marisha85 (and Marisha82)

doctorcilantro

I really shot myself in the foot on this one, but still got ripped off.

Bought a pair of rare E80CC D-getter soff ebay, used some eBay bucks too.

They did not test as stated, when tested on my Amplitrex AT1000.

I followed eBay's advice and contacted the seller who told me to send them back. They had good feedback (now another new negative though) and were open to the return so I shipped back the same way they did...1st Class mail no tracking.

Since the cost would be about $25 for tracked Priority, I was cheap. So then I file an eBay complaint to protect myself, and eBay starts asking for tracking. When I didn't have it they closed the case and now they won't even let me leave negative feedback as it has been too long, while I patiently waited for the seller to email me.

No word from the seller for 2 months now. Don't be cheap like me; it felt wrong for me to foot the bill but I simply should have put my foot down and made them pay for return shipping. I figured I would be nice and cover the return 1st Class. I'm way too trusting.

Marisha85

marisha82@web.de

Contact Information for marisha85

User ID:

marisha85

Name:

Marina Zschiedrich

Company:

City:

Berlin

State:

Deutschland

Phone:

I really shot myself in the foot on this one, but still got ripped off. Bought a pair of rare E80CC D-getter soff ebay, used some eBay bucks too. They did not test as stated, when tested on my Amplitrex AT1000. I followed eBay's advice and contacted the seller who told me to send them back. They had good feedback (now another new negative though) and were open to the return so I shipped back the same way they did...1st Class mail no tracking. Since the cost would be about $25 for tracked Priority, I was cheap. So then I file an eBay complaint to protect myself, and eBay starts asking for tracking. When I didn't have it they closed the case and now they won't even let me leave negative feedback as it has been too long, while I patiently waited for the seller to email me. No word from the seller for 2 months now. Don't be cheap like me; it felt wrong for me to foot the bill but I simply should have put my foot down and made them pay for return shipping. I figured I would be nice and cover the return 1st Class. I'm way too trusting. Marisha85 marisha82@web.de Contact Information for marisha85 User ID: marisha85 Name: Marina Zschiedrich Company: City: Berlin State: default Country: Deutschland Phone: 01629031982

You have another alternative. I use the post office for all eBay purchases if I can for good reason. We are talking MAIL FRAUD! Alot more serious then simple theft. Again, you may be screwed because you did not pay for delivery confirmation, but check it out anyhow. I also had a lap top that was stolen by a room mate I was sharing a room with. She claimed some of her stuff was stolen as well. When it turned out that I found she had it, the theft was only a slap on the wrist misdemeanor, but the false police report was a felony. Helps to know where these kind of land mines can be used against a crook!!

Roger

Sorry to hear about the bad Ebay experience. ANYTIME you ship you have to use tracking. Ebay is pretty good about making sure transactions go well (at least in my 10 year experience with them) but I found out the hard way on a couple of occasions the importance of not cheaping out on tracking. I lost a nice Denon CD player to someone who claimed to have never received it. I think he scammed me but, no tracking, no proof. I had to refund the purchase price. That is also the problem with using USPS to ship overseas. Once it leaves the US, no tracking. To quote Regan, "trust, but verify." [:|]

The other twist to this story is the very common differences of interpreting technical data and listing the interpretations as a promise of a deliverable. There is much confusion in the NOS world what NOS means, what test like NOS means, etc. I have had a few dealings with sellers who claim 90% or better. What that does 90% or better mean? Take a 6414 tube. Manufacture spec's says 5500 transconductance. Does 90% mean it tested at 4950 tranconductance? What does it mean to say that on my BK xyz meter 60% is good, does than mean that BK thinks a transconductance value of 3300 is good from a tube that should test 5500? Is a tube that has been in use for 10 years, that tests at 3300, now a test like NOS tube?

I have had conversations with tube sellers that believe transconductance readings could be different on different manufacture tube testers becuase different manufacturers use different test voltage. Lest see, transconductance is current divided by voltage. So if you measure your test voltage, and read your current, and the math equals you meter reading, you are good.

When communicating with the seller thru ebay, all this technical stuff is confusing. Main thing is to state in the communications the words "item recieved not as discribed, 100% refund requested". If you state things like send me a refund or send me a new item, you could win an ebay dispute, but get 0% refund awarded to you since you indicated in your communications you would accept an other than 100% refund.

And sure, the seller has to prove you recieved an item, and you have to prove he recieved it back. I had a seller send me a bowling ball, which happen to weight as much as a power amp I bought. So he had proof I recieved a package that weighted as much as my amp. The seller decied he didi not want a mail fraud feloney conviction, and remebered about a customer who had ordered a bowling ball , but recieved an amp.