Started new room with Lascala and IB

chambers1517

Finally got started on my theater room. I had several goals in mind and some created conflicts with each. One requirement was to be able to use my existing Klipsch Lascalas across the front. Here are the speakers set up in an 11'x14' bedroom. I made a temporary screen out of laminate. The screen is 100" wide and we have been using it while I work on the theater in the basement.

post-6649-13819635001766_thumb.jpg

OK , I should have taken more pictures but I had a hard time designing a way to fit 4 18's and my Lascalas in the front wall. My screen is 12' wide and 5' tall scope. I only have about 10" on each side of the screen. The Lascalas are 35" tall and the boxes are big enough to angle the speakers in some. I can also lean them back some if I need to and the screen will go from the top of them to 4" below the ceiling so I had to fit the subs between the fronts. I'm going to build risers so each row will sit higher. I will have 2 rows of seating and a bar at the back. Here is a picture of what I finally came up with. I basically built 2 2x8 walls and built boxes for the Lascalas.

post-6649-13819635004026_thumb.jpg

I am going to use the FI IB 18" drivers. The front of the IB openings are covered over with plywood. The same sheet also covers the void where the concrete is. So basically the plywood sheet is 30" wide and the IB opening is 20" wide. 5" on each end of the plywood has concrete poured behind it. I am also going to put a piece of MDF over the plywood. I will then cut 2 holes in each baffle for the drivers. I hope this makes sense. The IB's are basically going to be mounted in a box with no back. The plywood is the front and will have 2 holes cut one over the other.

Great work so far! I'm really interested to see how this turns out. Eventually, I too hope to have 3 LS across the front.

Are you planning on a 5.2 or 7.2 set-up (sorry if I just missed that somewhere)? What are you going to use for surrounds? What about electronics?

I really enjoy a nice "build thread", keep up the good work[Y]