RF-7 vs RF-3

quadklipsh

how do you define the differences between these two , sonically .

iv heard and read tonnes of goodies about RF7s here on this forum and elsewhere .its a jewel of a speaker to conclude. know it and well i have been dyng to acquire either the 7s or a chorus II, but my pocket has only driven me just about enough to get the little ones . the RF-3s.

and i see they demand a neat amp.

i have the 5's and a buddy of mine has the 3's. On paper, they are nearly the same speakers, however his seem to just lack in comparison to mine - maybe it's ego, or maybe i haven't spent enough time listening to them. they are capable speakers, just not as beloved as my 5's. i will tell you also, he has the rc-3 and finds it lacking (so did i, that's why i sold it to him *evil grin*) ..so track down an rc-7 if you can; you won't regret it.

yeah but can you define whats the main thing that differs RF7s here from RF3s.

is they very different tonally, or in imaging capabilities , or is it just the mega difference in power handling.

and how loud can the RF7s go practically in an average 15 by 17 feet room, using a good old 300 watts ,per channel amp.

today was a ceremonial event at my home . and after lunch had been served people sat outside in the lawn in the sun and enjoyed some music and chit chat . my whole family had almost come . around a hundred.

and usually i have to arrange for the music .

i was thinking then i had it done . i took my RF3s out on the big terrace and the cd player and the marantz 2230 .

30 watts is all it has ,but boy it got loud enough to rock the party ,aplenty .and it was only less than half way turned up.

had it been my kenwood towers , 88 dB speakers , i cannot imagine running a show with this poor amp. considring they were placed one storey above the listeners .lolz.

thanks to 98 db sensitivity