Klipsch Sub 10 Volume output Very LOW!

Evolvo

I have a klipsch sub 10 that works fine except the fact that it seems the sub is only playing at about 1/4 of it's normal volume. This is not a receiver crossover problem, this is specifically related to the amp. I'm not sure if maybe a capacitor or a resistor or something got fried or what, but it seems weird that I have to turn the volume all the way up to get 85db's. I've owned like 3 of these subs so I know there is something wrong with it. Maybe it could be the volume control is broken and it doesn't increase volume at the correct rate.

Please help

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many possible causes of the problem that you describe. If you have other subs which work normally when connected to your receiver, then of course the problem is in this particular sub itself. If it's under warranty, it's probably best to send it in for service. If not, perhaps there's a local technician who can diagnose and repair the problem. Unfortunately, this is not something which a person can fix themselves unless they have the equipment with which to perform the necessary testing to isolate the exact cause.

I had the exact same problem with a SW 12II. Sold it, and several other broken down pieces of equiptment to a college student from Purdue, who was

studing in the electronics field. I kept in touch with him via the web and he said he replaced a capacitor, in the SW12II and it was running like new.