New S4's... Couple of questions

jrod

I'm starting a small Klipsch headphone collection! The old lady jumped on her New Year's Res. before I could, started working out last week. I went to get my S2's back from her yesterday and she said absolutely NOT. They were now HERS!!

I was shocked/awed/pissed/proud for about 2.3 seconds... and then realized this meant I had a green light!! So, long story short...new S4's for me!

My two questions are this:

1) I've read horror stories about the cabling on the S4's, and I have the ones with the "L" plug, not the newer straight in plug. Should I bee concerned?

2) Is there any truth to this "burn-in" thing? I've read a little about it here and there, do I need to do it???

Thanks in advance for the help.

1. If you bought them from and authorized dealer and something comes up, Klipsch will honor their warranty.

2. Burn in is as real, or it isn't, just depends. Confusing? Different speakers, headphones etc do exhibit an improved sound after use, others sound the same at day one as they do at day 31. You can burn them in by playing white noise or frequency sweeps for several hours or, do what I do and just burn them in by listening to music!

My S4i's (same drivers as the S4) didn't seem to burn in or require a burn in while my Klipsch Image One's did, significantly so I feel.

I've been using S4s for several months at the gym now and have not had any problems what-so-ever with them (knock on wood). I've not noticed any "burn-in" type of thing. Just hook-em-up and listen and enjoy! I am still amazed at how awesome these relatively inexpensive earphones really sound - even after several months. Managed to get several of my friends to go out and buy them as well.

I received the S4is for Xmas. (I have an Android phone; but the buttons are partially functional).

They sound really good.

My connector is straight. I bought some heat shrink tubing and installed it on the connector; just in case.

I am 99.999% sure I will never have connector coming apart problems.

Good Luck; you will like the S4 s.....

UNTIL KLIPSCH RESOLVE THIS TERRIBLE CABLE DESIGN ...I WILL STAY AWAY FROM ANY HEADPHONE FROM KLIPSCH...

I owned a pair of Custom-3 and paid $299 (expensive) only to have them tangling all the time and eventually the cable broke and right channel stopped working. Good sound but ones should expect better quality for the money spent.

UNTIL KLIPSCH RESOLVE THIS TERRIBLE CABLE DESIGN ...I WILL STAY AWAY FROM ANY HEADPHONE FROM KLIPSCH...

I owned a pair of Custom-3 and paid $299 (expensive) only to have them tangling all the time and eventually the cable broke and right channel stopped working. Good sound but ones should expect better quality for the money spent.

haters going to hate