Another La Scala Restoration

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So here it is, i frist heard La Scala's back in about 1986, and since then always dreamed of having my own pair. It was only recently that i found a pair i could afford to buy. Got em for $650 cash. In canada, they're hard to find here. I have to say, i went to the guys house to see them and they looked even worse that what showed in the pictures. Regardless, we played a few tunes, and wow, the sound coming out of them was great. They are vintage 1974,, and truely the ugly ducking of speakers. Seeing beyond the outer shell i knew these babies were mine. So i loaded them up and brought them home. I had them set up in the livingroom when the wife got home. Now if you wanted to see something funny, you had to see my wife's face when she saw these speakers, I cant believe you....., how could you spend.....what the hell......lmao. Then i picked one of her favorite songs and turned it on. I cant say it was an instant change, but even she said they sounded so awesome. I always new i wanted to get them refinished, so that is my current project. Here are some current pictures of the restoration that is going on. I am expecting about another 2 weeks work or so to get them done. wish me luck.

post-2101-1381963565063_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I dont think there is much point in posting to many more of these, obviously you get the point here, they are in bad bad shape. all they need is some TLC and they can look as good as they sound....pic number one IN THE SHOP

post-2101-13819635673088_thumb.jpg

You are a brave man! I mean bringing them into the house for when the wife gets home? [:^)] Brave Man! LOL

Yes, La Scalas sound amazing and from the pictures, your's are going to look AMAZING also!

Great work and please keep us up to date.

Dennie

Here you can see exactly what i am trying to do with these. Its coming along....i cant wait to get them back in my system.

That picture totally looks like an alien and scares me. But if you come across some more aliens, let me know. Nice find and nice work!

Guest Anonymous

I am going to be putting a grill on the top section. i have some of the Hertiage Grill cloth i can use. should look good. i also bought new new metal badge logo's too.

post-2101-138196358082_thumb.jpg