Buying cables, best value

Pete H

He may have come to the realization that cables are for hooking things up electrically and tone controls are for addressing tone control issues. Here's a device that can do all the tone shaping you could possibly want:

[Y] I have, but for now those duties are handled by the mixing board, but the active crossover will come into play soon enough.

Not trying to Troll at all, really I'm not. At one time years ago I bought some pretty exotic stuff. Then I spent some time hanging around some Recording and ProSound guys. Chances are most of the music you listen to was recorded on Consoles wired with Mogami wire, microphone cables made up with Belden or Canare and the rest of the Studio audio wired with Belden or Gepco. Same goes with the recording and Mastering of that Blu-Ray Disc. If you live near a city of 150,000 or more and call the Electronics Supply Companies listed in the Yellow Pages you will probably find a company that sells both spools and cut lengths of the twenty most common products. My town of 200,000 has three such suppliers. If not you should add Markertek and BSWUSA to your resources. These are the places the Broadcasters and Studios buy from. Most of your Movie Theaters are wired with these products, even the SOTA THX Theaters.

Go to BSWUSA ----------------

Go to Markertek ----------- Aaaand on edit I see Coytee already mentioned Markertek. and Monoprice is good also.

These are the places the Broadcasters and Studios buy from. Most of your Movie Theaters are wired with these products

If this was the show Jeopardy and that was the answer, then the question would be; "Name 3 places that have worse sound than my system"

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to follow up. I received the big shipment from Monoprice yesterday and they are definitely my supplier from this point on. All the cables are constructed well, heavy yet flexible, I especially like the xlr's to 1/4" compared to the ones I had and of course, the price was great as well.

Did you get any Neutrik connectors? Has your amp arrived yet?

I didn't order any of those yet. I've never used them before and I won't be sure exactly where this amp will be in the final set up until I've had a chance to play with it. My amp has been delayed because of the storm and transportation delays. Tracking is telling me Tuesday now. What's the advantage to a Neutrix connector over 1/4" in a home situation?

Are these http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=NL2FC&preadd=action the ones that you are using and just wiring in 12g speaker wire?

I use the 4 connector ones but only used 2 terminals inside. The 2 connector ones should work fine. I used plain 12ga Monoprice wire, which is more flat than round. The connectors look nicer with the round mic type wire but I couldn't justify the price.