Carver AV 806X With Heritage?

smokarz

guys, any thought on this amp? local for $450, fair price? lookingto pair this up with Cornwalls. thanks

I got mine a little over year ago and really like it, it is a very versitle amp, it can be used in may ways, three channel bridged to 360w At 8ohms for front stage, or 6 channel at 130w at 8ohms, it has great head room although I don't remember the specs off the top of my head. I have mine running 3 channel to my Chorus I mains and Academy center, then using my Onkyo for the other channels. I paid 325.00 for mine, I've seen others go for between 375 - 425. If you come across a carver M400 it's a nice 200 x 2 as well, I regret selling mine a couple years back.

Good Luck

~ross

I have nothing but good to say about Carver amps as I have a rack of them. Even the little M200t's have provided me with reliable clean sound, even when I run them bridged. I don't have that particular amp, but I run these with heritage and reference and have been happy with every one that I have purchased.