SVS PC12-Plus DSP vs SVS PB12-Plus DSP vs HSU VTF-15H vs used SVS PB12-Plus/2

carbon summit

I recently sold my two subs and am shopping for a replacement. I've narrowed the battle down to these four subs:

SVS PC12-Plus DSP vs SVS PB12-Plus DSP vs HSU VTF-15H vs used SVS PB12-Plus/2.

I've kind of already made up my mind which one I'm going with but I'd like to hear opinions from people who own any of these just to help put my mind at ease.

I realize that cost plays a part so I'll put out there the price of each with shipping:

SVS PC12-Plus DSP=$1448
SVS PB12-Plus DSP =$1327
HSU VTF-15H =$1018 (introductory priced it says on the internet, not sure when, if, or how much it might go up)
SVS PB12-Plus/2=$850

Any insight anyone can give me would be great. I tend to think, rethink, then over think my buying decisions!!!

More cone area, more port area, larger enclosure. I had a +2 and a PCU at the same time once. The +2 won in the output dept handily. It's a beast of a sub.

The +2 most likely doesn't have a PEQ which is nice, but for sheer output the dual driver box will really impress you and best the other subs in the SPL department.

The ED A5-350 is a 15" 500watt subwoofer.

$800 no tax - free shipping

Best subwoofer for the money

Best "NEW" subwoofer for the money (arguably). There's some killer deals on the used market if you're lucky enough to find them. The OP is considering used also.

The ED A5-350 is a 15" 500watt subwoofer.

$800 no tax - free shipping

Best subwoofer for the money

Best "NEW" subwoofer for the money (arguably). There's some killer deals on the used market if you're lucky enough to find them. The OP is considering used also.

I called ED and talked to Alex. He was a very nice guy and very helpful. The A5-350 is in stock and could ship for free today if I chose to get it. It is $50 cheaper than the used SVS PB12-Plus/2 will cost me when I factor in my gas money. Buying the A5-350 would also saving me driving 5 total hours as well.

But I still have to think that dollar for dollar I'm getting more sub with the used SVS PB12-Plus/2 than I am with the A5-350. I plan to read some reviews about the A5-350 out of curiosity but overall I think the SVS PB12-Plus/2 is the best bang for the buck.

I welcome being told if I'm wrong so if I'm missing something please someone let me know!

Your thinking is sound. The only thing that you are not factoring in is the peace of mind of a warranty. That being said, the +2's were pretty bullet proof. Good luck with your decision, let us know what you do.

I actually factored this into my decision too. I called SVS last week and made sure they still had parts for the +2, and they do. Not warranty but that gave me piece of mind knowing I can fix it if I has problems later.