Harman Kardon Or Yamaha

m00n

Ok, so I went to listen everything. OH MY! I was very happy. However, the dealer (Magnolia Hi Fi) does not carry Harman Kardon receivers. So he wanted to sell me a yamaha. He said that in the last two years HK has declined in quality. What I mean by quality, lots of returns because of volume shooting real high for no reason. Things like that. Has any of you all heard anything negative about harman kardons quality?

If you had to choose, what would you choose.

Harman Kardon AVR520

OR

Yamaha RX-V1200

Thanks all.

------------------

m00n

-------------------------

System to come:

RF-3II Floorstanding

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-10 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

This message has been edited by m00n on 04-13-2002 at 08:40 PM

Harman Kardon

I haven't heard anything negative

doesn't surprise me that your YAMAHA dealer, who does not carry Harman Kardon -- has Harman Kardon horror storiescwm20.gif

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25 Super Amp

Sonic Frontiers Line 1

Sony SCD-C555ES

Marantz DV-7010

Klipsch RF7's

Klipsch LF-10

MIT/Monsters

Toshiba 36"f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>s>c>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

mOOn, You really should audition both receivers to see which one YOU like. Most dealers are not going to send you somewhere else to buy a brand they don't carry...and possibly not be exactly honest with questions directed about those brands. Take a day (or two) and check out the other hi fi shops in town.

Take care.....

Mike

I really like the Harman Kardon stuff.

Just looking at the specs, and more importantly the way they spec it, it seems like they put a lot of emphasis on having plenty of current. Which is good. And look at their weight!

Never heard the stuff with Klipsch though, and that might be the same problem you have. What about Denon, have you considered those?

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

Don't really know much about Denon. Someone told me though that dollar for dollar, Harmon Kardon was better. Is this a general concenses or just one persons opinion?

------------------

m00n

-------------------------

System to come:

RF-3II Floorstanding

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-10 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

Hey just an update. Went with the Harman Kardon. cwm11.gif

------------------

m00n's lunar system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

Just someones opinion. I was in debate between H/K, Onkyo, and Denon. I went with the Denon. They are all pretty much equal in value, you will be satisfied with anyone.

About the Yamaha dealer saying that H/K is declining in value is like the snowmobile salesmen in Wisconsin saying every year that its gonna snow a lot this year. (every year we get less and less)

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.