HT "Build"

IHOPsOPEN

And we are off and running! I want to know how this sounds when all in place! By the way, where did you get your curtains? I'm going to need two 6 footers at the end of the month.

The curtains are from lowes. That front wall has 4 curtains across. I drilled holes in the wood on the ceiling, put a zip tie through the hole and around a PVC pipe that the curtains hang on.

• Moderators

I personally chose a Cinescope Screen since the main purpose of the room was to watch movies, rarely ever used for TV shows so most of my content is 2.35:1 or higher aspect ratio. I did not want grey bars and wanted to have the same feel of a real movie theater. I went with a white 1.1 gain Elite Screen. You can find much of my thought process documented in my HT Build Thread in my signature.

I personally chose a Cinescope Screen since the main purpose of the room was to watch movies, rarely ever used for TV shows so most of my content is 2.35:1 or higher aspect ratio. I did not want grey bars and wanted to have the same feel of a real movie theater. I went with a white 1.1 gain Elite Screen. You can find much of my thought process documented in my HT Build Thread in my signature.

I really wish avs forum was up

• Moderators

The AVS forums are up now.

Mine is an Elite Screen as well and it's a great screen. Mine is 103" diagonal (would have went bigger but room wasn't wide enough). I paid just over $500 for it. Was considering going with a Carada but just didn't want to spend the extra cash. I think you will be fine with either of those screens.

As a general rule of thumb, I think most people install their projector first. It's usually about 12 foot away from the wall give or take a couple of feet. This will generally provide a 100-120 inch screen without too much jacking around. Since you are going to be installing your screen slightly in front of your wall, you might have a better time installing it first, I don't know...

I would say guess where you want your screen and to a rough attachment. put your pj on a high piece of furniture right under where you are going to mount and play with the throw until you are sure you can get the picture and screen the way you want. Then mount the two and do fine adjustments.

As for mounting, I believe you said your ceiling wasn't finished, so I would mount directly to the floor joyces and give the screen a couple of inches of clearance. Then when it comes time to sheetrock the ceiling, you can cut around the mount. Same would be true for your pj mount.