Need help putting wood cover on a JM Blueberry

easyone

I have owned a Juicy Music Blueberry preamp for several years, but I have never taken the time to put it in the wood case that was made for it. The wood cabinet made the preamp just a bit too wide to fit in a particular peice of furniture I was using. I am now wanting to use the wood case, and I have figured out that the rubber feet on the preamp need to be removed in order to use the wood case. The rubber feet on the preamp are attached with a small screw and nut which is attached through the bottom of the metal preamp casing. The phillips head screw will turn without loosening unless the nut attached to the screw is held by pliers from the inside of the preamp's casing. This in no problem for two of the rubber feet, but there are two remaining feet that are attached underneath the mountings for the circuitry on the inside of the preamp. I cannot access them to hold the nut in place to unscrew the rubber feet. AAarggh! Am I missing something here?

Anyone have experience with this problem before? I don't want to basically disassemble the entire preamp to get to the nut that is in the bottom of the preamp body underneath the circuit board.

Any help would be appreciated.

I will take a few pictures if anyone is interested in helping and needs to see the preamp casing.

-Joe

Ask Mark Deneen, the builder. The last addy I saw was mdeneen9000@gmail.com. Give it a try, see if it works.

Thanks LarryC. I emailed Mark earlier. Mark emailed me back just a few minutes ago. Unfortunately I will need to cut off the feet or disassemble the entire preamp. I thought I might have been just overlooking some simple solution. I guess them feet are gonna get snipped off there now, because I need my music back!

When you snip off the screws, try your darnedest to get the free-floating nuts out of the chassis.

Why do you say that? It isn't possible to see the nut on two of the foot mountings. I have two of them floating around right now. I figured they could be removed next time the preamp is completely disassembled.

When you snip off the screws, try your darnedest to get the free-floating nuts out of the chassis.

Why do you say that? It isn't possible to see the nut on two of the foot mountings. I have two of them floating around right now. I figured they could be removed next time the preamp is completely disassembled.

I'll step in awaiting fini. We don't want those loose metallic pieces floating around inside where they might come in contact with something that would ruin your day. The BB might have to come apart sooner than expected!

Yep. You don't want those nuts completing a circuit that wasn't intended by Mark.

Mark did not seem too concerned about it when he instructed me to cut the screws. The preamp is in the wood case and reconnected to the system. I played several hours of music wth it last night. Now you guys got me worried about turning on my preamp. I really don't have the tools or the patience to completely disassemble the preamp. I guess I will roll the dice every time I turn it on.

I would think as long as the nuts are lying on the bottom of the case the chances are now much less that they will now contact something if not moved around. Ask Mark how much room you have between case / circuity and size of nut. I am sure Mark thought of this before he advised you; we are just old ladies!

I would think as long as the nuts are lying on the bottom of the case the chances are now much less that they will now contact something if not moved around. Ask Mark how much room you have between case / circuity and size of nut. I am sure Mark thought of this before he advised you; we are just old ladies!

Lets hope there is no future trouble. I must admit that it was a bit disconcerting listening to the loose parts rattle around in the BBX while I was putting the cover on. Oh well, it's done now.I don't plan on moving it for a while.

Lets hope there is no future trouble. I must admit that it was a bit disconcerting listening to the loose parts rattle around in the BBX while I was putting the cover on. Oh well, it's done now.I don't plan on moving it for a while.

Too late, it is junk! I will only charge $12.50 to dispose of it provided you pay the shipping charges. Contact me immediately at my Nigerian email address.