Khorn Xovers

davis419b

I'm very surprised no one has answered this by now.

Yes, because the K-77 can't go down to 4500hz without an extreme slope crossover so you will blow the tweeter. If you use A-4500 crossover, you will have to change to a tweeter that can handle it. Bob can talk you through things and help you figure out which direction is the best way to go for you.

You can peek around his website here: http://www.critesspeakers.com

You can contact him here on the forum or on his website via email on the "Contact Us"

You can also do a search on the forum for A-4500 to read up on some of the users who tried this.

Good luck!

This says the minimum crossover frequency is 3500hz using an X36 crossover (a 12db/per octave xover). But notice power handling drops to 5 watts. The best bet is to ask the designer of the A-4500 xover. His xover may be 6db/per octave which would prevent you from using it with a T-35/K-77.

post-22082-13819638249174_thumb.jpg

I'm confused!!??!!

I thought with Bob's convertible A/AA all you had to do was change the taps to make the Crossover an A or AA. The instructions on how to do so are on the bottom of my A/AA's so I can' tell you exactly what needs to be changed on the crossover.

I'm not aware of any changes needing to be done to tweeters to accomplish this switch.

The A-4500 is a different crossover, correct?

Thanks

JJ

I'm confused!!??!!

I thought with Bob's convertible A/AA all you had to do was change the taps to make the Crossover an A or AA. The instructions on how to do so are on the bottom of my A/AA's so I can' tell you exactly what needs to be changed on the crossover.

I'm not aware of any changes needing to be done to tweeters to accomplish this switch.

Thanks

JJ

The AA/A is simply becomes a standard type AA with jumpers in one position and a standard type A with the jumpers in the other position. Crossover to the tweeter is 6khz for both configurations.

The A/4500 rolls off the midrange at 4500 and brings in the tweeter at 4500. This one should not be used with the K-77 tweeter.

Bob Crites

I'm confused!!??!!

Thanks

JJ

The AA/A is simply becomes a standard type AA with jumpers in one position and a standard type A with the jumpers in the other position. Crossover to the tweeter is 6khz for both configurations.

The A/4500 rolls off the midrange at 4500 and brings in the tweeter at 4500. This one should not be used with the K-77 tweeter.

Bob Crites

Thanks Bob, thats what I thought I was just looking to confirm it.