What seats do you like in your HT

j-malotky

Hi All

It is time to redo the Malotky Home Theater again. You know how this hobby goes, your never done. LOL. Im looking to get rid of the sectional and put in two rows of nice HT recliner seats.

I don't know squat about seating and could use some suggestions.

Thanks,

JM

I'm interested to see where you end up. Of all the HT's I've been to, I actually find that I prefer sofa based seating. Lazy boy chairs are nice too, but I can see how those don't have a very movie theater feel to it. The thing I like the most about the HT seating though is all of the attachments you can get for holding food and whatnot. I think it's important to find trays that swivel to make it easy to get out of your chair without launching the food everywhere.

Btw, are you still running khorns with heresies, the SVS subs and the big projection? I'll never forget that Godsmack dueling drums from that live DVD concert

I've got the simple (and inexpensive) Coaster recliners in my room. They link together via metal studs in the frames and the 4 of them form a light arc.They are slightly smaller scale than some I've seen, but I'm not a real tall guy.They fit me very well. There are only two reclining positions and I wish there were more. That being said, I've spent a lot of time in some expensive, oversized, electronic reclining HT seats and this particular brand was so overstuffed that the lack of lumbar support in any position made long-term viewing uncomfortable. Mine have the drink holders but not the 'party tray', but bet those could be added.

If you can, spend some time (like a couple of movies or a sports day) at a friend's so you can really test drive your seating.

A bit pricey...but we bit the bullet with couple of these before the new year. Best purchase we've made in quite a while. [H]

We use a couple of nice end tables that we picked up to hold beverages, snacks, and reading material for 2-channel mode. We use a 2-place leather recliner for the second row: Tommy likes that one a lot (see avatar).

Chris

I have four "grand" seats from these guys. http://www.premierehts.com/ I looked at a lot before I bought. This place has tons of options and my levels of leather. They are on the high end of the pirce spectrum, but the more I looked the more I found you got what you paid for. Going on 5-6 years old now and look just like the day we bought them.

Sorry I don't have any shots of the front...everyone wants to see the screen.

rpSeatBacks.jpg

rpBack.jpg

I second coaster seats. I have two rows of three coaster pavillion seats. They are very comfortable and affordable. My favorite feature of the pavillion set is the adjustable head rest. When you lay back on it, you can move the headrest up to prop your head up. It's a small, but very nice feature. It really makes watching movies that much more comfortable.

http://htauthority.com/index_files/PavillionCollectionDetail.htm

Thanks for the advise so far guys. I will check this all out.

Mike, the sound system is still the same. The only upgrades since you have been over is I have been running BluRay and a 1080P projector for the last 2 years. I had to wait a bit to find an affordable projector with enough power to light up my big screen. [:)]

JM