new heritage, old finish

jdm56

If anyone out there in Klipschland is thinking about the purchase of new klipsch heritage loudspeakers, and you want one of the "old" finishes (oak/oil, oak/clear, walnut oil, etc.), I would suggest you make haste to your local klipsch retailer and procede to make a deal without delay. I don't know if my experience represents a company policy, or what, but I was told that klipsch will produce the old finishes for as long as their inventory lasts (about a month after production resumes, according to my dealer).

As some of you regulars may recall (I've whined about it enough!), I was in the process of ordering a new belle to go with my '98 k-horns about a year ago, when production was stopped. Well, I have looked everywhere I could think to look for a good used one in the interim, with no luck. Turns out maybe to be a good thing, after all, because the good folks at Kief's Audio-Video, in Lawrence, KS, have let me go ahead and order a new one at the OLD PRICE! That is, the price we had agreed on last year. How's that for customer service? Pretty darned good, I'd say.

So, I've got a new belle on the way, with the old finish (oak/oil) and the old price. YEE-HAW!!! I was told it may be 4-6 weeks before delivery, but I'll need that much time to get the room ready. YIPEEE!!!

klipsch and kief's...great people to do business with!s>

------------------

JDM

When it comes to "live" concert ear satisfaction... it's what's up front that counts... and nothing counts quite like a pair of Khorns with a Belle in the middle... and you got 'em, James D McCall and in oiled oak for eye satisfaction to boot!

Having a center with the power and majesty of one's mains is what Paul W. Klipsch had in his home before 5.1 was a reality for HT or multi-channel music... and now you will have a first hand account of what that really means. Don't forget to take some photos and post your impressions of listening the "PWK WAY"...

As long as you have been harping on getting an oiled oak Belle... I have been urging Klipsch Forum fans to buy or build centers that have the cubic, speakers, and sound characteristics worthy of their mains to handle the amount of sound (over 75% of all speakers combined for HT!) that is directed to the center channel. And now you will have the opportunity to hear it for yourself... and add your voice to those of us who know first hand what a great CENTER MAIN can do.

What a joy it is to have a new Heritage alternative to eBay! cwm35.gif -HornED

PS: I would be interested to hear your opinion on the new crossover.

ShapeShifter,

Hey, thanks a lot. I'm really thrilled - just like a kid waiting for Christmas!

HornEd,

Thanks for the kind words, and yes, I will definitely be posting some new pics after I get things squared away.

I have been intrigued with the idea of adding a center belle to a pair of k-horns for quite a while. Even before I had k-horns. Specifically, after reading about how the early developers of stereo (Bell Labs?) felt that three channels were really the best way to go for reproduced sound. It all makes sense, at least to my simple mind.

And especially with cornerhorns, since you have a wider spread than you would with other speakers, there occasionally is a bit of a "hole in the middle" with some recordings. Of course, three discrete front channels are needed to take best advantage of the set-up, but hopefully, with DVD-Audio and SACD, we will soon have that as an affordable option. And, also hopefully, I can eventually add DPL-II, or some other "neutral" surround extraction to best reproduce all my two-channel recordings over five (or six) speakers, for a much more convincing, natural presentation.

A quick question for you: Do you find that a full range center speaker appreciably adds to, or at least smooths your overall deep bass response? I'm kind of hoping for a little smoothing effect in the 50-80hz range.

One more thing: I have really enjoyed many of your posts. Keep'em coming!

------------------

JDM

First, Ed, did you get email "#B" ? Just wanted to be sure since I never know if they get through or not. Been away from the office for 1-1/2 weeks (back on Monday), but wanted to say THANK YOU for the DVD ... I'm SURE it's in the office and can't wait to spin it.

Secondly, congrats on the Belle. For all the people who whine about dealers, this tells you why they're worth their salt. Customer relationships. Thank God there are still those folks out there; Internet is great but not a panacea. Way to go.

The Belle makes a FABULOUS center. Currently it's between my two Cornwalls, but in the "next" room, it will be between the Khorns with the Cornwalls in front of the Khorns. Ed, you're "der Meister" ... this seems to be about the only way I can think of to meld a 5.1 system to a 2-channel setup. IMHO, Khorns are overkill for most soundtracks (the CW's do fine with a sub), but there is no substitute AT ALL for a pair of Khorns with a 2-ch tube amp. What I want is a room with two systems co-existing, without the need for rewiring every time I want to switch between 2-ch and 5/7.1. Am I on the right track or just smokin' somethin'?

Ed, we're down to short strokes with dad. I know you know what this is all about, and thanks for the support you've given. Means the world to me. Sampler #C is in my head ... just need to burn it and it's on its way Smile.gif

------------------

"Bullsh*t!"

-PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

Eico HF-81

Eico HFT-90

AES AE-25 "Superamp" (in temporary retirement)

AES AE-3 Pre-amp (in temporary retirement)

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (KCBR's & ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Oops, Chris, in my head I sent you an email reply to "#B" but checking my "sent items" audit trail... it was only in my head. I will try to get a proper response out sometime this weekend.

And, thanks for the kind words guys... it may not always show it... but I do appreciate the opportunity that the Klipsch Forum has given us to communicate and share our audio experiences... and beyond. While I try to be accurate (and do appreciate the nudges toward accuracy supplied by members and minions of this Forum) upgraded info, the constant flow of new members and hoards of lurkers create a need for redundancy that often becomes "old hat" to many regulars.

Progress in our Klipsch community is measured by yesterday's "common sense" being upgraded by today's information to become tomorrow's better sound system... right in our own listening space. cwm38.gif -HornED

hey guys i just came from stereo shop they let me look at price list and they said would sell till may 16 at old price.but it says price for oiled oak k-horns about 3300.00 a pair is this right, every stereo mag i looked at says about 2500.00 a piece.if it is right i might order some k-horns monday.....lol