Scored som Forte's!

marems

I picked up some Forte's locally for $500. All I can say is WOW! These speakers are the best I've heard! Now I now what all the Heritage owners are talking about. Also, are these 4 ohm normal? The 1986 stereo review states they are. Looking@ doing so diaphragm mods next alonng with xover rebuid.

Congrats on your purchase! I am fairly certain that the original forte like the forte II is an 8OHM speaker, not 4OHM.

The forte series is the best speaker in the Klipsch line up when you factor in real world variables such as space, WAF, etc.

You will notice another big improvement when you upgrade your networks and diaphragms!

" I am fairly certain that the original forte like the forte II is an 8OHM speaker, not 4OHM."

The very first ones were labeled as 4 ohms (nominal), then marketing decided they were really 8 ohms (only changing the label). Stereo Review (July 1986) measured them at 4 ohms in the 150hz region, rising to 130 ohms at 2.2Khz. The Forte measured 95dB/2.83V/1M, ±2dB 230hz~20Khz. The passive radiator seemed to be tuned to about 35hz.

Although the DC resistance is less than 4 ohms, most good amplifiers will drive them. Don't try two pair (unless you have an amplifier rated for 2 ohms like a McIntosh, Krell, etc.).

I am really lovin these Forte's! I am hooked! I spoke with Steven@ klipsch and he also stated they are 8ohms. I installed some k 792 ti diaphragms in the Forte's tweeter, these were in my klf 20's. The titanium diaphragms definitely give more sparkle and clarity. I think im going to purchase the k53 ti next.