Building Cornwalls. Newbie needs help!!

johnellis

Hi!!!

First of all I would like to say that this BB is GREAT!! The wealth of information that I have found here has been truly remarkable. I only wish that I had stumbled across this site years ago!!

Secondly, for those of you that have already taken the time to reply to my emails and have offered to help during this project, I would like to say thank you so very much!!! I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to buiding speaker cabinets therefore I can certainly use all the help I can get. Anyway, thank you again!!!

Now for my question, I've already got the K33's in my possession. I have found a great deal on K52 mids (and possibly K55's) and K79 Tweeters. Will a combination of K33's, K52's and K79's work with a Type B-3 network???

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

John

This message has been edited by johnellis on 04-19-2002 at 03:41 PM

John,

My 85 Cornwall I's originally came with K-77M Tweeters, K-57K Squawkers, K-33E Woofers and B-3 Networks. I've since installed older "B" Networks and K-77 Alnico Tweeters for a closer timbre match to my 71 Cornwall II's and 74 Bells. The "B" Networks made the greatest improvements in sound, imo. The Tweeter change brought them in sync tone wise with the older Klipsch models.

I suggest using K-77's or 77M's with K-55 version Squawkers with "B" Networks. The B's are much better than the B-3's. Another option is get a set of ALK Cornwall Networks. The ALK's they are simply wonderful too! Note they are 4 Ohm.

Best of luck in your search.

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

John, I have 1989 Cornwall II's which uses a K-34-E woofer which is the same as the K-33 except the front gasket is thinner for front mounting. The midrange is a K-57-K, and the tweeter a K-79-K. The midrange and tweeter are available from Klipsch. The crossover in mine is mounted on a circuit board and is a part of the back speaker terminal connection. I believe this crossover was designed just for this combination of Klipsch Cornwall components. I have the schematic for the crossover if your interested.

Dan