Heresys in the Nearfield?

kristian

Greetings,

Having *very* reluctantly sold my Cornwall IIIs due to move to a compact listening area (though fully open into 600-sf space), I'm investigating Heresy IIIs. The question is, gentlemen and ladies, whether Heresys are going to be OK with a listening distance of 6-7 feet. They will be on 16" stands near corners, 6-8' apart.

They'll be driven by the 2008-edition of the class-A Musical Fidelity A1 amp--a match made in heaven with the Cornwalls!

Thanks!

Kristian

Seattle

Kristian,

Welcome to The Forum!

My Heresy I's are driven by my HK receiver.

I am 9 feet away (Measured from speaker to me sitting); with them 8 feet apart, toed in about 20 degrees.......

No stands; only DIY risers.......

H IIIs are reputed to be even better with bass; mids and higher highs......

My system (2 channel mode) sounds fabulous at the seated position; and there is a nice area for the soundstage/ imaging....

You will be very happy with your purposed setup.

My room is probably 10' by 20' long; but half is the kitchen......

As for bass; if it is lacking; get a good sub...... (Mine is crossed at 60hz)

What are you waiting for? Order them!!!!! [:D]

Good Luck.

If you miss the Cornwalls, the only place to go in such a small room is the Heresys. The 7 feet is pretty close, but if you set it up in the Equilateral triangle, I think you will be fine. It will not replace your Cornwalls, but if you have spent some time away from them, the Heresys will sound great.

• Moderators

Nearfield, that's just outside Seattle right? [:P]

I really like the Heresy lll it's one of my favorites. I know I will catch [bs] for this but have you thought about real book shelve speakers like the http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/rb-81-ii-specifications/ at under $800 a pair.

I only say this because the only RB's we have here is my daughters RB-75's and they do sound really good especially in a smaller room like her bedroom.

The Heresy lll only goes down to 58Hz where the RB-81 goes down to 44 Hz, ME I would rather have the Hlll and a small sub but this is just another option. [;)]

I've tried HII's nearfield and didn't care for it. I think the 3 way Klipsch need to be listened to from afar so the the drivers may integrate properly. In this particular set up, I would try a nice used pair of kg4's. Plenty of bass, they sound great in small spaces, and the MF amp would be a great match.

I sit about 8 feet from my Forte IIs. They are about 8 feet apart on the long wall in my room. They sit about 12" from the rear wall. They are not toed in - they face straight forward.

In my room they sound the best they ever have set up that way.