DJ setup

kg4guy

I offered to DJ for my friends son's wedding for free and used the FH-1 cabinets with K-43's and LSI top's with ALK Jr crossovers with APT 50 super tweeters used a Crown XTi 1000 with a BBE sonic maximizer and a ART EQ . I was amazed at the bass output this was the first time I played them outside .

I would have been amazed too, but at the lack of any real bass output.

In large part it depends on the kind of music you are running, and what your expectations are.

Modern dance music with its ground-pounding 40hz bass and a Peavey FH-1 are mutually exclusive.

you've got the IndyKlipschFan 'milk crate' mod going on, it really works doesn't it? (unless you can double stack LSI's)

Folks are amazed first time they walk about 20 feet from a LS outdoors, the sound just melds together. True, lack of really solid low bass, but that LS SLAP is unmistakable. Glad you enjoyed the time, LSI's love to be aired out. You should do that more often [:D]

Sometimes you guys make me so proud [sniffle].[:$]

Michael

post-10755-13819640581418_thumb.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up I guess to have said I was amazed at the midrange wouldn't have described it as you did but yes this was the first time I had a chance to play them outside with some volume and next time I will stack them with my LSI's should I put the LSI on top of the FH-1 cabinet and then put the LSI top I'm using with the FH-1 cabinets on the top of the LSI? Thanks

"that LS SLAP is unmistakable."

I used to run a block of four per side up to 200hz. No deep bass, but one heck of a lot of 'slam'. I ran two K400 above 800hz with the MTM 1900 five piezo on top. I used a double 12 horn from 200hz~800hz, kind of the MSSM 1900 on steroids.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/dkleitsch/dual12MantaRay.jpg

I used to carry a dozen LS cubes for the low end, although I never used more than eight. I had a pair of LSBG for side fill monitors, the one-piece model (man those were heavy). I was not happy with the mids of the LS at high volume with the 400hz crossover point, so that's when I went four-way.

LSI M/H

LSI LF

FH1

yeah, like that. you running the FH1 and LSI LF together? or at same frequency range but separate amps? together they're 2 ohms so that's a pretty serious load for all must the most stout amps.

Good point the Crown xti 1000 will run 2 ohm at 700 watt's per but what would be the best way to run 4 LSI's ?

I think it was decided that the k-33/43 is 4ohms at DC, but actually 6ohms when used with a 2.5mh inductor within the woofers operating range.

post-22082-13819640672758_thumb.jpg

Glad u like, enjoy, and appreciate the "Milk Carton"between the tops.

I have done this for years, and everyone seems to like the suggestion and how much better it sounds after they try it.

I think if I remember right, someone even went as far a few years ago and cut off the tops of a non splittable La Scala, and made new tops the height of the milk carton too. I felt like a proud papa, giving birth to a new design improvement. LOL.

Enjoy!

Yes it works well I'm going to stack my LSI's on top of the FH-1 bins in my garage and see whats up this week I will post a photo when I do it. Thanks

Don't forget now that you've used this don't forget to send Indy your royalty fees of $5 per La Scala. As Roger's representative, I'll PM you the off show PP account to instantly transfer funds into my, uh Roger's account. Thank you and have a good day. [:D]

Just kidding. You should hear Indy's set up with the split La Scalas and milk crates. It doesn't get much better than that ... maybe the rumored 7.1 Jub set up....

"that LS SLAP is unmistakable."

I used to run a block of four per side up to 200hz. No deep bass, but one heck of a lot of 'slam'. I ran two K400 above 800hz with the MTM 1900 five piezo on top. I used a double 12 horn from 200hz~800hz, kind of the MSSM 1900 on steroids.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/dkleitsch/dual12MantaRay.jpg

I used to carry a dozen LS cubes for the low end, although I never used more than eight. I had a pair of LSBG for side fill monitors, the one-piece model (man those were heavy). I was not happy with the mids of the LS at high volume with the 400hz crossover point, so that's when I went four-way.

I am such a huge fan of horns in the 200-1Khz range (my MB-1 Peavey ROCKS) I now cross mine at 120 Hz to 700 Hz. then to a big JBL 2360 with a 2446J driver.

After 30 years of Khorns, LaScalas, Cornwalls and Heresy's, I'm convinced that 4-way it the best way or you need to EQ the other configurations, and even then it's not even close to the effortless projection of sound from a 4-way.............heck the 600 series stack from Klipsch went 5-way.

"Horns are narrow band devices in their natural state"