New Sub(Subs)-----Paradigm Servo 15a

willland

Picked up (2) Paradigm Servo 15a's and an X-30 outboard crossover on Saturday. These subs are monsters and really dwarf my RSW-10d. I am not sure what I am going to do with them. I would love to keep both but I don't think it will go over too well with my wife. Believe me one would be enough for my room but two of them would be awesome. I most likely will keep just one and move the RSW-10d to my spare bedroom (Heresy 2-channel system) and sell the other with or without the X-30 crossover.

The Servo 15a's are incredible with very tight musical bass. I can't wait to put in a LFE-heavy bluray and see what just one of them will do. When(if) I do sell one of them, it will be pickup only or possible delivery based on miles.

Bill

post-26822-13819640549752_thumb.jpg

Looks like they are in fantastic shape Bill. Turn em up and I'll tell you if I can hear them from here. Big Smile Best wishes with your sale.

WHAT!!! I CANT HEAR YOU.............WILLANDS BASS IS TOO LOUD, I THINK HE SAID HIS WIFE SAID IT WAS OK TO KEEP THEM BOTH, EITHER THAT OR HE HEARD HER WRONG AND WILL KNOW SHORTLY WHEN SHE TRIES TO KILL HIM.

:)

I love my sub, it does a good job but if I had 2 subs ( one in each front corner)it would even the sound out nicely. Try using them both for just a little while and see what you think. I bet it would sound great. I bet it would be hard to get rid of them.

Try using them both for just a little while and see what you think. I bet it would sound great. I bet it would be hard to get rid of them.

Larry,

I just can't keep both 15's, I promised my wife I would sell at least one of them(she really wants me to sell both of them)[:(]. Monday I did some critical listening with my RSW-10d and one of the Servo 15's and was very pleased with how the two subs blended[8]. I need to pull out the SPL meter and better balance the volume but I do think it may just work out great. I have yet to pop in a good bass-heavy BD.

I guess I could always sell the RSW-10d? That would be difficult also because it is such a musical sub. Decisions, decisions, decisions?

Bill

I would probably try to sell the rsw-10d if both of those paradigms are in good condition. Whether you are using them togethor or apart you will always have the option of putting them togethor and having matched subs. I remembered such an increase in bass and the bass sound quality when i added two subs (i was using 2 small velodyne dps-10s). Matched subs are also going to look better togethor, you always have nice stuff so i would say that matters to you. Then again shake is a promoter of using 2 different subs.

I would probably try to sell the rsw-10d if both of those paradigms are in good condition.

Blue,

Ideally I would like to keep all three subs but I don't think it will happen. The Servo 15's are in great condition as well as the RSW-10d. With my promise to my wife and the fact that my Quartets and Fortes ar both in the family room next to my RF-63's, I just don't have room to put two monster subs in the same room. I can tuck one of them next to my sofa and somewhat "hide" it but the other one would crowd the floor and impede the projection from one of my RF-63's. As I mention before, the RSW-10d is an incredibly musical sub and I really want to keep it.

The reality is that I need to sell one of them to recoupe some $$$ and replenish the savings account I withdrew from in the first place. Remember, If mama ain't happy, nobody is happy.[:D] I will probably have to sell something else to fully replenish what I withdrew.[:(]

Bill

I would like the idea of keeping both Paradigms if they give you the quality/quanity of bass you are looking for. You can use one and keep the other for parts in the future. You could also donate one to a south FL charity!

I have not personally heard those subs but If I remember right there were some terrific write ups.

Either way a win-win.

Enjoy!

You could also donate one to a south FL charity!

Mike,

That is funny. What might be the name of that "charity"?

You can use one and keep the other for parts in the future.

If I was to keep both subs, they would be in use. They sound too good to just sit and wait to be used for parts.[8]

Bill