RC-64 II & RS-62 II Speaker Size Setup on Onkyo

Mk4UmHa

It is normally best to set all speakers to small when you are using a good sub, the idea is to set the crossovers to what works best with the speakers and let the subwoofer handle the lowest lows as it is designed to do. This saves your amps power for the other speakers and does not send signals to the speakers which they either cannot produce or muddy up the sound by sending frequencies to the speakers which the speakers do not produce well, allowing the speakers to work at their best.

The Large / Small name is misleading since it really isn't so much about speaker size.

It is really Large = Full Range (no subwoofer), Small = Using subwoofer (crossovers are used to properly direct direct the low frequency signals)

I can tell you like your Klipsh :)

I'm a Klipsch fan too which is why I upgraded to the 64 and 62 but I don't think the front speakers from Klipsch can out do these Bose L1 Model 2s. I was never a Bose fan till I heard them in action in a huge auditorium, they were loud and clear, didn't hurt your ear drums when you stand next to them. Just search for them on Youtube.

These were designed for live music and bands. I'm just using them at 10% power as my fronts, LOL. I don't have to worry about adding an Amp to them since it's self powered. I plan on getting a 200w/ch amp to power the Klipsch center and surrounds though in two weeks.

This link explains the Bose L1 technology in case you were remotely interested in them.

I'm a Klipsch fan too which is why I upgraded to the 64 and 62 but I don't think the front speakers from Klipsch can out do these Bose L1 Model 2s. I was never a Bose fan till I heard them in action in a huge auditorium, they were loud and clear, didn't hurt your ear drums when you stand next to them.

I really wasn't bashing Bose speakers as a whole, I was just wondering when you were going to add the RF-7II's so you would have a complete matching set. I know some of the Bose commercial stuff is pretty good but I wouldn't think they were matched up well with Klipsch consumer speakers.

Bill

I like the Bose because they add good high's without distortion and mid to high bass that the other speakers miss. I'm assuming that the Klipsch will sound alot better with a 200W channel amp. Do you know what high wattage amp I can use that can do a "bi-amp" for the center channel?

I'm assuming that the Klipsch will sound alot better with a 200W channel amp. Do you know what high wattage amp I can use that can do a "bi-amp" for the center channel?

Are you looking for a 2, 3, or 5-channel amp. There are so many to choose from. Monoblocks would be very good also.

Bill

From the reviews i've been reading, the Emotiva XPA-5 is very good for the price. I am planning on getting one and use 3 channels, one for each speaker then have two left over for expansion. Now that I have the RC-64, i see that you can put two channels up to it. I don't know how to hook that up with the XPA-5 though or if that would even be needed with 200W going into it.

MK,

I do not wish to offend; but the RF7IIs are definitely a top notch speaker system.

I have never heard the LI Model 2s you use; but just in timbre match alone; it would be a nice improvement.....

If you were to get them and then run integrated amps to them...... Now you are talking a whole different level......

(I think bi ampoing your center without comparable front mains will make the need for an upgrade apparant).

So the questions are:

1. How much do you really want to spend?

2. How crazy do you want to get when it comes to getting top notch sound?