Pushed in Dust Caps

Xki

In the refoam kit you get new dustcovers, you just cut out the old dust cover with a razor and install a new one, they also come with the glue for less than $20.

+1. If you don't want a full kit, you can buy the glue and dust cap seperately from Parts Express.

I also agree with this 110%

A pushed in dustcap only looks bad. It really has no effect on how a driver performs.

Unless you are financially super well off; why spend $167 for a new driver?

Try the vacuum with a reducer as mentioned.

Mine had one perfect sized for the dustcap on a KG 2 that I accidentally pushed in (passive radiator).

This worked perfect.

take a sewing straight pin and bend it at right aggles close to the tip (3/16"). Use a good gripping pair of pliers and a fresh straight pin and poke a hole in the dust cap in the centre of the dent. Then use the plyers and the bent pin to get into the hole you just made and leverage the dent back out. When you get it as good as you can seal the hole with a dot of white glue. Short of a new dust cap that's your best bet. hope this is of some use. Best regards Moray James.

I have an SC-3 center that is currently out of service. The kids found the speaker in the closet and pushed in the dust caps.

I've tried the vacuum trick and could not budge them. There is no sound degredation that I can detect but I would sure like to get the caps back out!

Any help would really be appreciated....

Why didn't I think of this before. Telekinesis! WILL them out!

Sorry to let this thread go on and on for so long! [;)]

take a sewing straight pin and bend it at right aggles close to the tip (3/16"). Use a good gripping pair of pliers and a fresh straight pin and poke a hole in the dust cap in the centre of the dent. Then use the plyers and the bent pin to get into the hole you just made and leverage the dent back out. When you get it as good as you can seal the hole with a dot of white glue. Short of a new dust cap that's your best bet. hope this is of some use. Best regards Moray James.

That is what I was going to attempt. And thanks to all for the great ideas and info!

Regards.........

• Like 1