3D LED VS 3D Plasma

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi guys,

Maybe there is someone out there that can help me with this. i have been looking at a new TV.

There is no doubt that the 3D LED TV is nice, i like it. but the cost is quite a bit more than LCD or Plasma.

The Plasma 3D TV is "cheaper" than both LCD and LED(at least is canada). In the early days Plasma was plagued with issues and could have a stigma.

I have been told that these issues have been resolved, and there is nothing to worry about with plasma.

If this is true, i would think i should get plasma, 600Hz refresh, and its cheaper....

can someone help me here?

I personally don't have any interest in 3D, but for overall picture quality I haven't seen anything yet which can top plasma, it has the best quality, most cinematic picture quality.

As for any issues those have long been taken care of and a quality plasma display has the potential to be the most trouble free and longest lasting TV available. Personally I would definitely recommend a Panasonic plasma as they are the most reliable and trouble free.

I personally don't have any interest in 3D, but for overall picture quality I haven't seen anything yet which can top plasma, it has the best quality, most cinematic picture quality.

As for any issues those have long been taken care of and a quality plasma display has the potential to be the most trouble free and longest lasting TV available. Personally I would definitely recommend a Panasonic plasma as they are the most reliable and trouble free.

+1, there's nothing that can top plasma for the price. i've said before, but my panasonic 720p plasma produced pictures that rivaled those LCDs that cost 2-3x more. all for $600. after a bit of calibration of course.

if you want BIG, looked into the Mitsubishi DLP projections. they got great user reviews, and for the price they are a bargain.

and if you want bigger, look at projector. for roughly $1200, you can get a 120"+ worth of video real estate.

i would never buy LED or LCDs, and don't care much for 3D. IMO, they are overrated due to WAF and convenience factors.

Plasma all the way. LED TVs have to add more gimmicks and tricks to try to do the thing that plasma will always do better, and thats pure black level. That is one of the reason LEDs are so expensive. Dimming LED tricks, glossy finishes to give the illusion of black levels, and refresh rate tricks. Don't be tricked by the brightness of the LEDs in the store. Brightness is NOT better. You most likely will not be watching movies with beaming florescent light in your living room like in the stores. Now if you are going to be watching in a sun room or have tons of lights, then thats a different story. You can't go wrong with the Panasonic 3Dtvs, but the Samsungs are also very nice. The 8000 series plasma from Samsung has been my favorite for the past year, but at Best Buy, it is there calibration display, so of course it looks better than everything else.

+2

I've got buddies with LEDs that were 2x-3x what I paid for my Panny and the pictures simply don't compare (and they admit it.). But, everyone's situation is different... screen size, ambiant light, WAF (yes, there is WAF with TV's too!). Some people want the paper thin TV's, plasma isn't really there yet, LEDs are. For me, once its mounted, who gives a flip about how thick it is? I want the best pic possible (for my budget of course!!).