You never know

dtel

• Moderators

My aunt called last week and said I am cleaning out my old house and do you want the old stereo, it's a good one. She said it was a really good one when we bought it, it's a Fisher.

I said sure with the hopes it was an old tube Fisher, you never know ?

I even looked up Fisher and notice like all companies they switched to solid state sometime around the 70's-80's. So I go see her and pick it up, talk for while then we went home.

It is not tube's but looking at it was pretty cool back then, separate Amp, cassette player, EQ, and tuner and turntable in a Fisher rack with glass doors. Also a box of OLD records, most of the records are scratched but I wanted to try one so I found a couple in good shape.

I took out the turntable and noticed it was about 2 pounds and plastic, but I went this far so I plugged it in, it worked and didn't sound as bad as I expected. Not that I will use it especially with this music, except for one unopened LP the next best was jane Fonda's workout LP, go figure it didn't get used much! [:o] The other record that was not bad was Guantanamera by the Sandpipers. [:|]

post-11804-1381964185301_thumb.jpg

I had a Fisher Studio Standard System in college, and loved it. It was a 100WPC stereo receiver with a dual casset deck and a turntable that could go to a specific track. I ran a pair of JVC SKS-22's from it. I wanted a pair of Heracy's, but I didnt have the funds.

• Moderators

While talking to her we started talking about golf, she had been the city champion more than once, she said she would get together some of her old clubs for us to play around in the yard with.

Then she said I also have a few I never used because they were old, I said sure I don't care how old it's just to play in the yard with. She said if I give you these there not for playing, she gave me about 6 old wood shaft clubs that look OLD, she is 78 and she even called the old. I need to clean them up a little, I think I will keep those. [Y]

post-11804-13819641864128_thumb.jpg

While talking to her we started talking about golf, she had been the city champion more than once, she said she would get together some of her old clubs for us to play around in the yard with.

Then she said I also have a few I never used because they were old, I said sure I don't care how old it's just to play in the yard with. She said if I give you these there not for playing, she gave me about 6 old wood shaft clubs that look OLD, she is 78 and she even called the old. I need to clean them up a little, I think I will keep those. Yes

Wow, they look just like the Fisher Gear! [^o)]

Yeah, a lot of plastic was used in those 80's stereo's!

I've gone and looked at a couple "Old" stereo systems and found 80's plastic gear! It was great at the time, but now we know better.

Thanks for the Blast from the past!

Dennie

Then she said I also have a few I never used because they were old, I said sure I don't care how old it's just to play in the yard with. She said if I give you these there not for playing, she gave me about 6 old wood shaft clubs that look OLD, she is 78 and she even called the old. I need to clean them up a little, I think I will keep those. Yes

I can see it now... Antique Road Show comes through town and tells you how those are the Missing Llink clubs, the Gutenberg Bible of clubs, the GRAIL of clubs, and that, though they belong in the Smithsonian on display next to the Hope diamond, they can be sold at auction for somewhere in the neighborhood of $6,000,000!

• Moderators

I can see it now... Antique Road Show comes through town

[:o]

My son in law might want it ? If not i may keep the amp, it said 110 wpc, never know where it could go ?

I can see it now... Antique Road Show comes through town

Surprise

My son in law might want it ? If not i may keep the amp, it said 110 wpc, never know where it could go ?

Lol I wouldn’t count on it those rack set ups were huge in the 80s that’s when they really started lying about stat ratings to sell gear. My guess 60 watts if that

• Moderators

congratulations...i think..., bet it looks a lot better than it sounds! Big Smile

That's what I was thinking, why did they bother with putting 110 wpc for a plastic set ? Never even tried anything else, might keep the Amp for a little sub for my sister, she has no sub.