Is this valid information or bs?

m00n

What m00n hears, blah blah blah .cwm31.gif

So this has all be interesting, but I must confess, a long time ago, you all lost me. That's not saying your guy's input is waisted time, but rather it's so far over my head that I can't make any since out of it.

41.gif

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info john. rated is all i have to go on

until i get all my test equipment in. Wink.gif

so moon no the hk doesn't have more power than the 3802

no matter what the load. but it may not be as skimpy at full rated output as other receivers, even those rated a bit higher in power at 8 ohms, when the loads dip below 8 ohms in speakers as they can do.

how's that?

still the essence of the original ? as i perceive was: should i upgrade to the denon after just getting this hk with no return policy still in effect (& they don't sell denon) & i haven't even gotten the new hk replacement unit yet? no i don't think that's wise. or maybe it was just for a post-purchase confirmation. cwm5.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 04-26-2002 at 07:13 PM

at least the denon gives a 150W @ 6 ohms, though at 1khz, & .7%thd. moon ask the hk guy what the avr does in watts & thd at 6 ohms, 1khz. still this is academic, as you know you got more than enough to do the klipsch you have fine. cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 04-27-2002 at 12:55 PM

Do I have permission now to listen to my Heresys with my beloved H/K 900+ that only puts out a paltry rated 32 watts per channel into 8 Ohms @ 20-20,000Hz? Can I? Please?

C'mon guys, I am goin through withdrawal here!!! I could end up runnin' down to get a Bose Acoustic Wave radio if I can't use my H/K sometime soon!!! I'm sure none of you want THAT to happen!!! Smile.gif

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

Well, I am about to find out just how good this receiver is when I put it up against the RF7 and RC7.

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>