Advice on New Klipsch Surround System

gb15

Hello everyone,

I have been reading a lot of posts trying to figure out what speakers I should buy and have come to a pretty good conclusion. I currently have a pair of F2's that I bought a while back for 50% off ( $200 each) when Circuit City was closing stores. I will be upgrading to a 5.1 system with an RC-52 (62 pending TV clearance), a pair of RS-42's, and a BIC V1220. I can get the RC-52 and RS-42's for $650 (+ $130 for 62) from overstock and the BIC V1220 is $188 from amazon. I will also get an Onkyo TX-SR707 from accessories4less for about $400 with shipping.

I am wondering how well this system will match together and if they are reasonably priced. I know that the F2's will not match as well, but I plan on upgrading those later. I am hoping this will suffice for now. I do not know how well the BIC will perform, but it seems like a good deal now so I do not want to pass it up.

Thanks,

GB

Welcome to the forums gb15. I don't have all kinds of experience in these matters but I do have the RC62II. It's a great center speaker. Dialogue is crisp at any volume level. I have not heard much good about the 52, seems like it struggles to keep up, especially at lower levels. If you are going to be upgrading your fronts down the road, what are you thinking about there? If you are going bigger than the RF52's then the RC52 will lag behind.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I will probably end up getting the RC-62 II, but I may have to move my mount ( more holes in the wall). I have no idea yet what type of RF's I would upgrade to, but I doubt I will go bigger than the RF-62 II's. Correction, I meant to put RC-52 II and RS-42 II.

I ended up ordering the Onkyo TX-SR707 because there was only 1 left in stock. There are only 2 left on the BIC V1220 so I may be ordering that soon.

I added a picture of my planned setup, but I was wondering if I should put my sub in the front corner or in one of the back corners. The sofa is against the wall, so I may have to play around with the location of the surrounds. The room is 14 x 14 x 11 with wood floors and drywall, but the rug should help a little with acoustics.

post-51036-1381965648932_thumb.png

Well if you can swing for the rc62 I would go for that... And your f3's won't be the best match but I'm sure it will be fine in the short term... A lot of us including me have had to piece our systems together slowly... Personally I would skip the bic and go for something different... Used svs can be had for a song... I highly doubt that the bic is using a "Venturi" in their process.... My lame attempt at humor there... You will have fun with your new setup... When you do get a sub play around with where it sounds best... Mine has to be in front because my cable is too short and I'm too cheap to buy a longer one right now... Plus I want a new sub altogether.... Good luck

I had the f-2's and the f-3's. I used the rc 52ii with the f-3's and was not impressed. The c-3 was better. If you can swing it I would skip the 52 and get the rc62ii. The f-2's are not bad speakers they will sound good till you can match up your fronts. I actually used my f-2's as surrounds when I got my f-3's. I have an onkyo sr608 and was about to order that 707 u got. I decided on the nr3007 from accesories4less. You'll have to let me know what you think about your new onkyo. Don't know anything about the bic so can't help there. There is a black mint rc62ii for sale on this forum in the garage sale section. The guy selling it just bought my black rc64ii so his is up for sale. I bought a cherry rc64ii as I'm changing my color scheme up a bit.

I am hoping the RC-52 II will not disappoint with the F-2's because that is the biggest I can go and I just placed the order. Sorry about that 707, I was lucky I saw it with one left. As far as the sub goes, I see the Emotiva Ultra 10 is $300 right now. How would this compare to the Klipsch Sub-10 which is going for $250?

sub12 isnt terrible but its definitly a entry level, having sub12 previously when i first started my journey id say for certain id not go with sub10 or even 12 when putting together a reference setup, id go with the emotiva sub 12" if you can swing it, otherwise the 10 (the 12 is still a pretty small sub but specs look good havent heard them but thought about ordering one for a inlaw, got a rw10d for them instead and its still a step back from the emos)

From everything I have heard I would skip the klipsch subs... I had a buddy who had a ksw10 back about 8 years a go, and i was not impressed... Which is how I ended up with an infinity entra one... Its next on my list to be replaced...i have heard really good things about the emotive subs... I own an emo pre/pro and amp and if their speakers are anything like their gear, it would be awesome.... Check out the emo lounge for used gear... It always goes quick, but deals are generally found