The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Ironsave

This movie is another foreign movie; with subtitles......

(It is actually the first of 3 movies).....

This is the BEST movie I have seen in years.....

From storyline; to suspense; to end game; etc......

Be prepared; it is 2.5 hours long........ But an EXCELLENT MOVIE.

(Also, not for children; be prepared; some graphic scenes)......

Apparently there are two more of the films from that author. Reviews on Amazon were fairly high, but there were a significant number of reviews that really trashed it for the "mindless sadistic violence"..... Oh well. The best "negative" comment I read compared it to Clockwork Orange. Which is a classic!!

In any event, I'll wait for it to appear on netflix.

OBTW, Hollywood is doing it also, see: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/04/18/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-robin-wright-david-fincher/

All 3 in the trilogy (same characters, same male and female leads) are available on Netflix (on DVDs, don't know about downloads). I liked the first one a lot. The second one was not as good. Haven't seen the third, but probably will. Describing it as containing mindless, sadistic violence is not very accurate. I definitely do not seek out violent movies, and the first one, at least, did not contain that much violence. What was there was highly relevant to the plot. It is not unlike some of the revenge themes in Asian movies.

The first sequel is "The Girl Who Played With Fire," and the second sequel is "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest." All three have 2009 release dates.

Of note, a Hollywood remake of "...Dragon Tattoo" has been made, to be released soon. Why mess up a good thing? I predict more violence, less sex, dumber writing.

The first sequel is "The Girl Who Played With Fire," and the second sequel is "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest." All three have 2009 release dates.

Of note, a Hollywood remake of "...Dragon Tattoo" has been made, to be released soon. Why mess up a good thing? I predict more violence, less sex, dumber writing.

I agree.... In my opinion, they got this right the first time! (Still need to see The Hornet's Nest)......

I do not see the point in redoing this a few years after an original award winning movie series....????

I read all three of the books and really enjoyed them. They're thick books because they have a lot of information in them, more than can be contained in a movie of reasonable length.

I haven't seen the movies, but it appeared from talking to a friend of mine who did that a certain amount of what's in the books gets skimmed over.

The books contain some brutal violence, but it's not gratuitous. The original Swedish title of the first book is Men Who Hate Women, whick shows that the author had a point to make, sometimes a bit heavy-handedly.

Got a "round-toit" on netflix. Not bad at all. Personally, I don't think they needed the anal revenge scene to get their point across (sometimes graphic becomes gratuitous in and of itself, regardless of the so-called intent). The babe standing there with the sex toy and the bad probation officer tied up naked pretty much was all we needed to know was gonna' happen. But foreign films sometimes just like to make "graphic" statements that exceed the "R" rating in the US....

Ironsave is right! Do NOT have any kids around if you watch it. The graphic sex related scenes are..... graphic.... But then again it's a Swedish film.....

Other than that, good film and an interesting example of "who dunnit" from Europe.

[H]