Updating the mancave/ recycling old LP's-PICS!

kevinmi

I've been doing a little remodeling in the basement mancave. I put up a new wall, added some paneling, and put up some acoustic foam squares on the ceiling to help with sound being bounced around this small room with big speakers. I recycled some old LP's during the makeover also. I've only got half of the room done, but it's clearly an improvement!

This all started when I bought a new turntable. I then decided I needed a new equipment rack. Then I decided I better do something with the wall before installing the rack. Snowball effect for sure.

post-28686-13819656662216_thumb.jpg

New Rack

Outstanding set up... I've been looking for a rack like that for several weeks. Where did you find yours?

Your TEAC reel unit is impressive where you have it placed. It's always nice to see that others still have one in their line up of equipment. I have one, but it needs to be serviced and that is a challenge now a days.

Good luck with the completion of your room.

... I've been looking for a rack like that for several weeks. Where did you find yours?

Boxx, I actually found two of these silver/glass racks on Craigslist for $50.00. I made the wood shelves and combined them to make one big rack, giving me the necessary 24 inches in the middle for the RTR.

... I've been looking for a rack like that for several weeks. Where did you find yours?

Boxx, I actually found two of these silver/glass racks on Craigslist for $50.00. I made the wood shelves and combined them to make one big rack, giving me the necessary 24 inches in the middle for the RTR.

It really looks nice (and secure). You did a great job....

Your TEAC reel unit is impressive where you have it placed. It's always nice to see that others still have one in their line up of equipment. I have one, but it needs to be serviced and that is a challenge now a days.

Boxx,

I don't know your situation, but I bought a non-working TEAC two months ago, bought some stuff on the bay and got it working. Took about 3hrs of disassembly and reassembly and now I'm enjoying some classic tapes. The cost of materials for repair was about $30.00. I remember growing up seeing adds in magazines for tape players. Always wanted one. Now I got one.

Boxx,

I don't know your situation, but I bought a non-working TEAC two months ago, bought some stuff on the bay and got it working. Took about 3hrs of disassembly and reassembly and now I'm enjoying some classic tapes. The cost of materials for repair was about $30.00. I remember growing up seeing adds in magazines for tape players. Always wanted one. Now I got one.

I've got some time off coming in two weeks... I think I'll give it a try at home first, before I farm it out to someone. I'm glad to hear that yours is up and running. I hope you are enjoying it...

quote]I've got some time off coming in two weeks... I think I'll give it a try at home first, before I farm it out to someone. I'm glad to hear that yours is up and running. I hope you are enjoying it...

Boxx, I've got a service manual for the Teac X1000 series if that's the model you own. I'd gladly let you borrow it. It's pretty technical and way over my head, but it has all the specs and schematics. It would be good for a tech that needed the specs for adjustments and such.

I had trouble with my TEAC 3340S, where the solenoid was very sluggish in pulling the pinch roller to the capstan. A tech friend told me to use some solvent to clean the old, dry grease out of the solenoid. Can't remember what I relubed with, but it's very smooth now.

Bruce

I had trouble with my TEAC 3340S, where the solenoid was very sluggish in pulling the pinch roller to the capstan. A tech friend told me to use some solvent to clean the old, dry grease out of the solenoid. Can't remember what I relubed with, but it's very smooth now.

Bruce

Same with my 4010. I got supplies from http://www.reelprosoundguys.com/index.html Good source for tape deck supplies. I found sources for manuals on ebay. Disassembly and reassembly isn't hard with decent instructions. Get belts, lube, clean heads.