More sub questions

I added a second sub to my HT and would like to know how I should adjust the phase .I believe I read some where on this forum one sub is at zero phase and the second sub at 180 phase . True or on true. Or does the receiver take care of it.( Pioneer vsx 94 txh )

Where have you placed both subs? If one(or both) is on the same plane as your mains and at an equal distance from your seating position, you should set at 0 degrees. The 2nd subs phase will have to be determined by placement and with some help with a friend or family member. There is no universal setting and the setting is also room/acoustics dependent. Trial and error is the rule.

My 2nd sub(Paradigm 15) is on the left side wall about 3 feet in front of my RF-63's firing straight out about 7 feet in front of my listening position and the phase is set at 80 degrees. It took me many hours to integrate the two subs to my satisfaction. Simple placement up front next to right and left towers should not be as complicated of a process. Remember also, gain and crossover play just as an important role in your setup as the phase setting.

Good luck,

Bill

Yes I have a spl meter , please help! Big Smile

From SVS:

Keep the subs co-located, or within 4 to 5 feet (say the 1/3 and 2/3 wall points on the front stage).

Set the Phase Control to “0” on both subs to start. Also, set the AV receiver’s subwoofer channel level to “+1db” for now.

Play the AVR or Avia test tones, and with one sub at a time playing, adjust gain on each until achieving normal calibration level.

Finally, fire-up both subs together. The combined result should be 6dB higher than one individual sub. If yes? Lower the subwoofer channel level to “ - 5dB” and you’re done!

If the subs are more than 4 or 5 feet apart, or you aren’t getting the full 6 dB increase in measured output, then adjust the phase on one sub until you approach that 6dB of gain.