Wool-Glass fiber in LS dog-house?

Arash

I have planty of Wool-Glass fiber in basement ... Is it ok to put some in my Scala dog-house to decrease vibration or noise?

Will LS sound better (in Bass) or the wool will make LS more bass-shy due to the lack of free air in dog-house?

Here is the picture:

i403407_8.jpg

As Groom mentioned; that is not the right solution.

It was also mentioned (very crudely) that Klipsch engineering has probably attempted various ideas over the years.

Check out Groom's link and worse case; get a good sub.

LS bass is there; just not thick and heavy like some desire. (Kinda like Heresy Is; different; but same).

Good luck.

you only need this stuff on opposing parallel walls....so if you want to get technical....you could cut out a sheet to fit the bottom or top and one or the other of the six inch vertical sides. the angle sections don't need it, nor the mounting board for the driver

I have planty of Wool-Glass fiber in basement ... Is it ok to put some in my Scala dog-house to decrease vibration or noise?

Will LS sound better (in Bass) or the wool will make LS more bass-shy due to the lack of free air in dog-house?

Here is the picture:

i403407_8.jpg

I wouldn't use it. Unlike the paper batting that's attached to the inside of a Cornwall, fiberglass or poly-fill is sometimes used to trick a woofer into acting as if it were operating against a larger internal volume. That function is unncecessary in a LS doghouse.

That being said, some have added stuffing to the increased back chamber volume created when doing the djk ported LS mods. Even then it doesn't go into the doghouse. I've never used the stuff with a LS, orthodox or modified.