Very little sound coming from Cornwall II Tweeter

I searched the forum, but couldn't find a solution for this. The tweeter works...I took it out and can hear music but it doesn't seem as strong as the counterpart on the other speaker. It tests fine on the Ohm meter (7.9 - 8.0) as well.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Also, I tried opening up the CW II to look at the crossover, but no luck here. I couldn't get the squawker or woofer out on the front, and the only thing I can get off the back is the small circle where the binding posts are. Thanks in advance.

Ava,

I suggest swapping the tweeters from both Cornwalls. (switch each one to the other cabinet).

If the problem follows with the tweeter, (It sounds "quiet" in the other cabinet) it is most likely a problem with the tweeter itself.

It the problem stays with the speaker; (the other speaker's tweeter now sounds "quiet" when you move it), the problem is most likely something in the network itself, or the wiring.

Good Luck....

Swap the channels. Always start with the easy stuff first.

I.e.; maybe one of your amplification channels isn't as "bright" ... or conceivably one of your player channels.

There has been a small difference in SPL and frequency response between the members of every pair of tweeters I've ever had, since 1964 (many pairs).

I'm having the same problem with a pair of '77 LaScala tweeters. Could this be a tweeter diaphragm problem? There is no buzzing, rattling, or vibration noted. Just not as bright as the other speaker.

I switched the RCA inputs but haven't switched the speaker cables with each other yet. Will check them with a multimeter tomorrow as well.