LaScala woofers

tom518ny

I have a pair of Industrial LaScalas (black, not split) and would like to get at the woofers. I assume you access them from the bottom--am I right? Is there anything I need to know about unhooking them? One of them seems to have developed a rattle on certain low organ notes, and I want to check it. Thanks!

Unless they are really old. The first generation LaScalas had the port on the top - you had to unscrew about 18 screws to take the top off, then take out the squawker horn, not forgetting the support in the back, and then remove the hatch. If your LaScalas look like they're sitting on a square piece of plywood, then you go in through the bottom. If there's a raised panel under the midrange horn and the top is held on by screws, that's your point of entry.

Thanks so much for the advice! I have 2 pairs of Scalas right now---in all 4 corners of my living room. Was gonna sell one pair....but I love them both!

They both date from 1976---one is the industrial black and the other is beautiful wood. Which is better: steak or roast beef? Cant decide!