12 volt trigger

JasonJCarney

What is a 12v trigger? Does this allow you to power up your amps by just turning your receiver on? If so, I will need to look into this. I recently purchased 2 Marantz MA-500s from BluBitRates and they work great, however, they are the only part of my system that I have to turn on manually. I'd like some help if anyone can offer it. Thanks!

What is a 12v trigger? Does this allow you to power up your amps by just turning your receiver on? If so, I will need to look into this. I recently purchased 2 Marantz MA-500s from BluBitRates and they work great, however, they are the only part of my system that I have to turn on manually. I'd like some help if anyone can offer it. Thanks!

From the photos I see on the www these amps do not appear to have the trigger input. I use a Niles AC-3 to remotely power my McIntosh stuff that does not have triggers. More stuff I have left over from the man cave build.

From the photos I see on the www these amps do not appear to have the trigger input. I use a Niles AC-3 to remotely power my McIntosh stuff that does not have triggers.

That's kinda what I was gathering by looking at the back of my unit. So the Niles AC-3 can be controlled by a remote I gather? I'll do some research.

So the Niles AC-3 can be controlled by a remote

Not directly but the AC-3 has 12 vdc triggered inputs that control it provided your pre/pro or AVR, etc has the 12 vdc triggered outputs.

I also have the Niles IPC-6 that does it as well, just more flexibility with delays and such

NIles IPC-6 manual

As it turns out...I already own a surge protector that will do this for me! I just checked the manual and found that I have a "Main" outlet. I plug the a/vr into this outlet and the two monoblocks into the "switched" outlets and it works beautifully. They turn on and off with the receiver! Brilliant! I'm using an Auvio 6 plug model (three switched) that I picked up at Radiio-Shack for around $60.00.

I'm glad I could help. Lol actually a found out my onkyo does not have a trigger. But my Epson does so I'll use that. I also have one of those surge strips your talking about. I use it in my livingroom for my promedia. See the amp is on the sub and the sub sits on the floor in the corner behind my tv stand. Not very accesesible. So now with the strip I turn my tv on and off and it turns my promedia on and off

You don't need anything special for a 12 volt trigger cable, since it doesn't carry the audio signal. I got a pair at Radio Shack for a few dollars. They have 3.5mm male plugs at both ends. That fits Yamaha receivers and power amps. Other brands might be different.