Upgrading from RF-3 II set to RF-7 II set amp question

bonedaddy77

I'm new here but been a fan of Klipsch for long time. I've had my set of RF-3 II, RC-3 II for about 10 years and loved them. Was able to score some new B stock RF-7 II and RC-64 II from authorized dealer for $2K so decided time to upgrade. Also have pair of RS-62 II coming.

Anybody have any suggestions on amps? I'm considering going with separates and am a complete newb. Always owned Yamaha receivers. Currently using an RX-V1800.

If I don't go separates was eyeing the RX-A3000

Thats a nice upgrade there, congrats. Personally I would recommend hooking them up to your Yamaha and see if you like it. If you feel like something is lacking or get that what if feeling I would reccommend the Emotiva XPA-3 for your front three, and let the Yamaha run your rear channels. That is what I am doing with my RF-7's and RC-7 and it is awesome. I have an older Yamaha receiver and am looking to upgrade it sometime soon as soon as I find something that I really like. Good luck..

Thats a nice upgrade there, congrats. Personally I would recommend hooking them up to your Yamaha and see if you like it. If you feel like something is lacking or get that what if feeling I would reccommend the Emotiva XPA-3 for your front three, and let the Yamaha run your rear channels. That is what I am doing with my RF-7's and RC-7 and it is awesome. I have an older Yamaha receiver and am looking to upgrade it sometime soon as soon as I find something that I really like. Good luck..

A lot of good amps out there but if you like buying new then

it’s really tuff to beat emotiva. Any of the xpa amps will work well. I have

heard outlaw amps are nice and they only cost a little more than emo. There are

a few members on here who have a ton of experience with other amps in the used

market that I’m sure will chime in.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. I too have the RX-V1800 and I'm pairing it with a Parasound (220w x 5) amp. I purchased it used and is 10 years old but has performed absolutely flawlessly. It's a beast of an amp and is very robust, very detailed and has a solid build quality. My used Parasound cost me what a new Emotiva XPA-3 cost but that's because it originally retailed for $2500.

willland in the forum is currently doing a comparison between his B&K amp and an Acurus amp. Once finished comparing, he will be selling one of them. You may want to check with him.

I have to agree....emotiva will give you the best bang for the buck....but Integra actually makes some good amps as well. I have an Integra 2 ch amp powering my 7 IIs and I love it! Plenty of power and the amp doesn't even get warm! I got my amp for really cheap! Just stay on the used market and you'll come across a good deal! But you can't go wrong with the XPA-3 either tho!