Should I oil these cabinets?

coolrock

Hi,

I'm so glad I found this great forum!

Having been a Klipsch fan for many years I should probably know this, but I'm not sure which cabinets I should oil.

*I have Klipsch Forte II's, and the sticker say's FII Oak Clr #19 grill

*My KLF-C7 say's Medium Oak.

*My Quartets say QUR Oak Oil 19, and I'll oil these.

Also is there any particular type of oil you would recomend?

Thanks!

On your Forte's, the "Clr" stands for clear laquer finish..don't oil them..a very light wipe down with gunstock wax (can find it at walmart)followed by a good quick buffing will help protect the laquer finish, though

Klipsch has been leaning away from offering their speakers with hand-rubbed oil finishes the past few years, simply because it is a labor intensive process..requiring the speakers be oiled one day, and re-oiled again the next, and given a second day for the oil finish to "set-in" before packing for shipping...time is money!!!

Your KLF-C7 is more likely than not, a clear or satin laquered finish...I don't believe they have been offered in an oiled finish, since they are a much newer model than your others. Again, don't oil these either, but a bit of wax to protect the laquer is fine.

I used to use a touch of "Pledge" on my laquered speakers, but..."Pledge" no longer has wax in it, just cleansing agents...and leaves no real protection for the finish after its use.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

For your Quartets (assuming they are the oiled finish with no lacquer as I think they are), I would recommend Watco rejuvenating oil; just follow the instructions, and they will look better than new. I used Formby's for years, and it made my Fortes look good while I was applying it, but a day later you could not tell you had done anything to them.

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

Klipsch KLF-C7 Center Channel

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Harmon Kardon AVR520 Receiver

Sony 5-disc changer

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Nordost Moonglo Digital Coax