RF 7II'S OR RF 82'S Home Theater bundle

AJL007

Hi, everyone I am new to the forum but not new to Klipsch products, I have a question after reading all the post here. My question is I can order the Rf 7 II's and receive a 15 off Discount and 500 dollar gift card or I can buy the RF-82 Home Theater bundle with 2 RF-82II Towers

1 RC-62 II Center

2 RS-52II Surrounds(Black Only)

BIC ACOUSTECH PL-200 (Black Only)

Basically the same price at checkout and with the extra 500.00 dollar GC I get with the RF-7's which one would I be happier with in the long run, I plan on getting Emotiva pre combo and with the Gift card what would you get center speaker or sub and which one to match up to RF 7's, Room size is 15x12 and I am in no rush to have a complete set up as I will buy as I can to complete the RF 7's and buy themselves are they decent for a home theater setup, I just bought a new sony 46 729series and the sound sucks.

And can anyone recommend a good not expensive receiver to play music and watch Blu-ray, Thanks Aaron

for home theater the rf-7's kick ***. For music, i think i prefer the rf-5's or rf-82's. Dont get me wrong, my listening space righ now is not ideal for the 7's as my sweet spot is just too close. For me it comes down to they are big speakers. The 82's seem to have better abilities for creating a sweetspot for music. In your size room the rf-82 setup would kick ***, the 7's would work too. Since i am big into the HT application more so than stereo, the rf-7's hands down were a good choice.

Just to throw another opinion out there, I have a modified RF-82 7.2 set-up in a 2000 cubic foot dedicated HT room. It's about perfect for me (though I do lust after the RF-7 IIs). There is no question in my mind that the 82s would be plenty for that size room, however, there's something about those 7s! If you plan on listening to a lot of music, I would go that route and build as I could afford it. If you plan on using the system for watching movies, I'd recommend putting the gift card towards the RC-64 II center. That center is great and it is your most important speaker for HT. Get a sub next, then the surrounds.

If you are going to watch movies 90% of the time, the 82 II system would be great. Don't get me wrong, they are very good for music, but I think the 7 IIs probably have an advantage (I have to admit that I have not heard them). The weak link in that 82 system is the sub. A good sub to complement that system can be found under $500.00, though you could easily spend four times that amount and not waste any money.

• 2 weeks later...