Whats your guys opinion on this?

robc1976

When I place my speakers I put a piece of tape on the cabinet (on the side ) where the middle of the tweeter would be and use a laser to see where the middle of the tweeter is directed (height) and try to get the middle of the tweeter to be at ear level. So for "height speakers" I angle them down so the tweeter is at angle where it will be at ear level when you put a horizontal laser on it. floorstanding speakers you are pretty much stuck wth where they are LOL!! Do you guys think this correct or should the middle of the tweeter be a bit lower since the farther away you are the more the sound cone expands?? It may be a bit excessive but the money we all spend on these set-ups I think it is a small detail or adjustment that can be made to better the sound exspeacially with the center channel.

Thanks for any oinions!

Thanks for any oinions!

My grandfather used to say about someone "he really knows his onions"

As to your question.... for me, it's too much detail. For others, they've done similar and love the results.

I figure as long as I can see down the throat of the horns, I'm in the ballpark.

[:D]

• Moderators

I figure as long as I can see down the throat of the horns, I'm in the ballpark.

Big Smile

[Y]

Excatly, the tweeter does not beam than much, look at the flair on the tweeter, if you cut that flair in half your still covering a big area. You have the right idea pointing them to your ears, it does make a difference, but the general area is good, it doesn't need to be a pinpoint aim. [:P]

• Moderators

That will work as long as you don't move your head an inch to the left of right, or slouch when listening, or invite someone to sit next to you...

[:D] That's funny......if it was that close he may have to put some tape on "the'' seat, a butt alignment mark to make sure he is the exact spot.

Just joking Robc, don't blame you for wanting the most from the speakers and your on the right track it's just not that precise. [Y]

Although some people are that particular [8-)] for those who are ever thought about a chin brace so your head is in the perfect position every time, I'm surprised they don't sell one at the magic rocks and $3000 a foot speaker wire store, there slacking. [;)]

That will work as long as you don't move your head an inch to the left of right, or slouch when listening, or invite someone to sit next to you...

Big Smile That's funny......if it was that close he may have to put some tape on "the'' seat, a butt alignment mark to make sure he is the exact spot.

Just joking Robc, don't blame you for wanting the most from the speakers and your on the right track it's just not that precise. Yes

Although some people are that particular Roll-eyes for those who are ever thought about a chin brace so your head is in the perfect position every time, I'm surprised they don't sell one at the magic rocks and $3000 a foot speaker wire store, there slacking. Wink

ROFLMAO!!! I just want it the area...I did find out that my tweeter was pretty far off LOL!!

• Moderators

You have the right idea pointing them to your ears,

Maybe he's got reeeeeeeeeeeeealy big ears? Hmm

Nope, I am getting plastic sugery to get them extended LOL!!

Good point

Never thought to ask how big his head was, or if his his ears were roughly the same higth on his head ? Need to remember to ask that ! [Y]