rs42 vs 52 vs 62

JasonJCarney

Mine is the right rear surround posts. Then I have to go in the menu and set my rear surround to 1 channel. I have an onkyo though. Yours may be different?

Well I know in the on screen set up I can change it so it
only shows one rear speaker. But I guess I will have to get the manual out to
see what speaker terminal to use. The star
wars blu ray set comes out on the 16th the whole set is dtsma hd 6.1
so it got me thinking lol. But I do have room behind the main LP (about 12ft of
room). But the room is only 12ft wide so I don’t know how much separation I would
even get going 7.1 because I probably would only have them (rears) about 4ft
apart. About the width of the couch. What would you guys do?

Can anyone compare and contrast these surrounds? I decided on surrounds vs bookselves for my side speakers but now I have to decide on size. Probably can't go wrong with the 62's.... but wondering iof anyone has any personal experience with 2 or more sized surrounds I listed here. I can get the rs42's for $225 where the rs62's are gonna be closer to $700-$800. So is the big difference in price worth it? Is there a noticible difference in sound? I'll be able to send 110 watts to the side surrounds BTW

I had the RS-52 and did care for them at all...I like direct firing MUCH better!

Can anyone compare and contrast these surrounds? I decided on surrounds vs bookselves for my side speakers but now I have to decide on size. Probably can't go wrong with the 62's.... but wondering iof anyone has any personal experience with 2 or more sized surrounds I listed here. I can get the rs42's for $225 where the rs62's are gonna be closer to $700-$800. So is the big difference in price worth it? Is there a noticible difference in sound? I'll be able to send 110 watts to the side surrounds BTW

I had the RS-52 and did care for them at all...I like direct firing MUCH better!

Rob you have a really big room so direct firing speakers

probably helps everything to cut though.

I’m not saying ones better just pointing that out. In a small room like Jason

has not having all his speakers facing right at his head might have a result

closer to what he’s looking for (or maybe not). Plus the RS line design is 100% surround duty and

gives an open space sound that can make a room sound bigger than it is. Example

an effect coming from a direct firing speaker in a small room will sound like

its coming right from the speaker. The RS line doesn’t give up its position very

easily it’s kind of behind, side, and in front of you. In a large room like

yours that open space sound probably didn’t cut though as well. Would have probably

needed the rs-62 in a room that size.

Rob you have a really big room so direct firing speakers

probably helps everything to cut though.

Im not saying ones better just pointing that out. In a small room like Jason

has not having all his speakers facing right at his head might have a result

closer to what hes looking for (or maybe not). Plus the RS line design is 100% surround duty and

gives an open space sound that can make a room sound bigger than it is. Example

an effect coming from a direct firing speaker in a small room will sound like

its coming right from the speaker. The RS line doesnt give up its position very

easily its kind of behind, side, and in front of you. In a large room like

yours that open space sound probably didnt cut though as well. Would have probably

needed the rs-62 in a room that size.

Maybe that is it, I did try the RS-62ii and our felt very shallow and almost less detailed....I love the RB-61ii though, personally my favorite bookshelf. I use these as highs and surrounds and it made a drastic difference over the RB-52ii.

I’m thinking about the RB-61ii for rears.

I would they are awesome! I like them a lot..."acoustic sound design" had then on sale for $399.00. I am getting 2-3 pair. He is also a official klipsch dealer so you get the warranty.

Free shipping?

Just ordered a pair!!! Now I have to find some stands at

least 40” high[:D]

Im thinking about the RB-61ii for rears.

I would they are awesome! I like them a lot..."acoustic sound design" had then on sale for $399.00. I am getting 2-3 pair. He is also a official klipsch dealer so you get the warranty.

Free shipping?

Just ordered a pair!!! Now I have to find some stands at

least 40 highBig Smile

awesome! Keep in mind prices on klipsch are going up 10% in a few days.

Do you know a good place for stands about 40” tall?

That may be a tough one! What color did you end up getting? Cherry our black?

I got cherry I wanted to mix it up a little (plus I think

those are the ones on sale) I’m looking at these stands 36”

http://www.standsandmounts.com/vtirfseriescastiron36inchspeakerstandsrf36.aspx

Do you know a good place for stands about 40” tall?

That may be a tough one! What color did you end up getting? Cherry our black?

I got cherry I wanted to mix it up a little (plus I think those are the ones on sale) I’m looking at these stands 36”

http://www.standsandmounts.com/vtirfseriescastiron36inchspeakerstandsrf36.aspx

Those stands are real nice! What are the dimensions on the top? If they are big enough you could put some speaker-dudes isolation platforms on the stands possibly. I just ordered a pair if the speaker-dudes....got them for $40.00.

Here they are: (perfect fit for the RB-61II)

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_speakerdudes/speakerdudes.asp

Very nice let me know how you like them. The stand top is 6.5” (W) x 8” (D) 36 “ (H)

Well I just order 5 more!! these thing make a difference, I wsa bit skeptical but sound doesnt lie....lot of detailed gained! I am going to use these on my RC-64II one on each end or maybe (3)...you can ange the speaker down or up with these. Pretty inexpensive upgrade if you ask me.