KLF 30s and HK receivers- a good pairing?

Normo

I have read that the lascallas, the fortes, hereseys sound really good with the HK 430. I have a pair of KLF 30's and wondered how they sound with the HK receivers and whether the HK 930 or HK 730 is a better fit with the KLF 30's than the HK 430? Anyone out there with personal experience? Thanks Norm

I have an HK 430 and 730. Used them both with Forte II, Chorus II, Heresy I, and many KG models. Haven't heard anything from the Legend (KLF) Series yet, so I can't comment on the combination you're asking about.

Echoing what you already said, I really like how the vintage HKs sound with the Heritage line. I think it would be worth purchasing an old HK and see what you think. 430s sell regularly for $110-130 shipped on Ebay.

Something to note: the 430 has two inputs, Aux & Tape Monitor (in addition to a Phono). The 730 & 930 has Aux 1 & 2, Tape Monitor 1 & 2. You'll have more input options with the 730 and 930, and more power. The 430 may run out of steam if you like to listen at loud volumes. For me the 430 plays plenty loud, but everyone has different tastes.

I have an Hk 430. My Heresy Is sound great with it and my AVR 7300. You will be pleased using it with the 30s. Some say the 430 is the most musical. Idk. Good luck.

To River's point, I guess I can not say this either; as I have not had the pleasure of KLFs.... YET.

I am reasonably confident they would sound very good to excellent; though.

(I just got my first reference; RF 52s and they sound grat on the HK 430 twin).

My experience with the HK 430 is that they run out of steam and the sound becomes kind of soft and tubby once you turn it up. My Yamaha HTR-5540 sounds better than the HK. As sensitive as the KLF 30's are you should be ok though.

Hmm... How loud do you listen normally.? About 40 percent (10: 00 on the dial) is plenty for me......