Just Purchased New Klipsch System...

nitro230

Hey, I saw the deal that Acoustic Sound Design had on the Klipsch RF-62 II bundle (http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1858&sc=52) and I couldn't pass it up (especially with the coupon code that brought it down to just under 2k).

This is my first real home theater system as I currently have a 6 year old Onkyo HTB set up. My question is if you guys have any suggestions that may help me out such as how to properly break in the speakers/sub and any other advice you may have for a novice like me.

I cant wait to set this beast up and thanks in advance!

~Stephen

Hey, I saw the deal that Acoustic Sound Design had on the Klipsch RF-62 II bundle (http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/core/view_BigProduct.cfm?pid=1858&sc=52) and I couldn't pass it up (especially with the coupon code that brought it down to just under 2k). This is my first real home theater system as I currently have a 6 year old Onkyo HTB set up. My question is if you guys have any suggestions that may help me out such as how to properly break in the speakers/sub and any other advice you may have for a novice like me. I cant wait to set this beast up and thanks in advance! ~Stephen

That is certainly a nice HT sytem! I say next you save up and get a great AVR...not saying yours isn't by any means but I would get a AVR with heights & wides (Audyssey dsx) a Denon 3311Ci has A-DSX but it can only play one or the other Heights or wides....get the Denon AVR-4311Ci and you have them both at the same time and that will blow your mind, did for me LOL!! It also has 9 pre-outs.

Yeah, the next thing I am going to get is a new AVR (my current one doesn't even have HDMI). The Denon's you suggested look great but they are a little too much $$ for me plus I have no room for front wides or surround rears so I don't need the full 9.1 set up. So far I think I am leaning towards the Onkyo TX-NR709 (can get a factory refurbished one for $530). Since the Onkyo 709 has the audyssey dsx, do you think its worth it for me to stick two of my old Onkyo satellite speakers up to have the front heights or is it not good to mix those with my new Klipsch setup?

Yeah, the next thing I am going to get is a new AVR (my current one doesn't even have HDMI). The Denon's you suggested look great but they are a little too much $$ for me plus I have no room for front wides or surround rears so I don't need the full 9.1 set up. So far I think I am leaning towards the Onkyo TX-NR709 (can get a factory refurbished one for $530). Since the Onkyo 709 has the audyssey dsx, do you think its worth it for me to stick two of my old Onkyo satellite speakers up to have the front heights or is it not good to mix those with my new Klipsch setup?

Try it and see!

The 709 would be a good choice (but I'm biased). The processing capabilities are very good and the power supply is ample, but if you are ever looking for more juice you can hook up an external amp.

I would use all klipsch with that set-up mybe Rb-51II for front heights. The 9.1 or 2 set up I have has not S.back (I believe they are a waste). Wides & heights much better!