Speaking of center speakers......

T.H.E. Droid

With a current post on the topic of using a Cornwall as a center speaker, I wondered how you connect and use a center speaker with a conventional 2-channel system. I know they've been around a long time and I don't think PWK had an A/V receiver to connect up a system with a center channel speaker. Is there some kind of passive circuit connected between the L & R amp outputs or do you need another amp? When I get my Khorns into their final location, I'd like to add a center channel speaker to strengthen the sound stage. I have Cornwalls and Heresy's available for the job as well as an RC-3.

There were some power derived center channel ouputs with volume control adjustments at least in the 60's with the Fisher products. The Cornwall will work just fine (what I use) and you will get much greater control with the modern receivers as far as volume. The circuits which derive signals from both channels in my long ago recollection will be not really enough volume for my tastes compared to the Fisher center channel power output.

JJK

I don’t know if this is the
same or not but I have been using two Dynaco amps. A ST70 does the left and
right stereo channels for the Klipschorns. A Sansui 8080 feeds the pre outs
(the amp part is toast) to the ST70. Now this is where it gets real
questionable in my mind. I feed left and right Tape Out signals from the Sansui
into a Y RCA connector and just use one channel of a SCA35 where it is a plugged
into the “spare” on the Dynaco SCA35. I think its just a AUX, this powers the center Belle

Does
this make any sense?

The Upstairs stereo is similar but I have a pair of old pioneers integrated amps and the center amp is just set for mono for the other Belle.

I just playing around and
having fun, the room is just over 17 feet across so the value seemed
questionable but it’s a noticeable difference as it fills the center to the
back wall, before you needed to sit closer to the center for the best spot. Can
anyone tell me if this works or am I dreaming that the sound seems better?